Hartleton 2010 reports

Status
Not open for further replies.

welshwingnut

Well what can i say , yet another awsome fishin with fantastic company and the fishing was pretty good to .

Myself and my Nephew Ashley decided to leave very early from home to get to the killer swims we left the massive journey of 44 miles at 3.15am we arrived at Hartelton at 5.05 due to a few windscreen wiper malfunctions on the way up , the weather was atrocious and things did not look good , we came over the top of the hill into hartelton and we could not believe our eyes it looked like a holiday camp with tents and bivvies erected all over the fields , Blokey , big Ken , Hamish , Muskie , Big lad , Michelle and Stymie had already set up camp , that was it slamming door time and be as noisy as possible was in order [:D], we picked a peg that produced a few fish last year its just such a big cast on 1oz leads .

083.jpg

Myself and Ashley soon set up camp, we had the rods in the water quite a while later i decided to hold back a little and watch the water for signs after all we were here for a few days , many ?s going through my head spod or not pva bag , single hookers , you name it i thought about it in the end it was a decision after remembering what happened last year and that was to fish single boillie tipped with corn on a chod rig on 2 rods and a lighter set up on the 3rd rod with my killer tench rig , the rods were cast and not to long the alarms screamed off and a very psycho common graced the banks , what a start i thought things are looking good .

015.jpg

By this time mick the stunt man [:D] had arrived Arky and Aunty Pat had broke the land speed record from oooopppp North and the majority of the fishing were in situ right to left Muskie , Hamish , Big Ken , Blokey , Arky , Welshwingnut , Ashley , Mick , Banksy , Chris , Andy , Scott, Andy and Ade , and so the seen was set it was like a fashion parade from tackle tarts r us .com , Stymie Scott you know who you are [;)]but the Tackle tart of the fishin is mr Red Blokey with his red box , red pole , red reels , red line and red t shirt .

The 1st night seen us lighting the bbq just as the heavens opened but not to be deterred we battled on bravely cooking and catching a few in the rain it was a pretty low alchoholic night as we were all fairly tired from the early starts etc etc so a bit of scran lots of banter and we were off to our tents and bivvys for some sweet dreams or in some cases nightmares as the tents , brollys and bivvies took a battering from 40 mph winds and heavy rain , fortunately they all stood the test of time even with young Ashley chasing his brolley half way up the m50 according to him but Mick the cast and Arky the angel reckon it blew 20 ft .

The next day was fine a little ripple no rain and a very fishy looking water , my self and my neighbour the angel decided to chuck in a few free offerings so it was across the other side to bait up we were not as fortunate as some to have a bond style power boat and enough bait to sink the titantic [:D], fair play Chris you had it all and we really appreciate the bait you gave us .

The baited cabbage patch

021-1.jpg

It certainly paid off as no sooner had we put in some free offerings we were soon into a few fish myself , Arky and Mick picked off a few commons all doubles .

068.jpg

Later that night we soon had the bbq with Ashley head chef doing a cracking job

017.jpg

We had a cracking night with incopious ammounts of spiced rum, Taffy apples and a free box of fosters from Stewart ( codger ) who came and had a natter and what a gent you are , nice to have met you and the fosters was very much appreciated by Aunty Pat [:D]

The next day Saturday had myself , Arky and Scott discussing tactics to fish the wye plans were made for an evening session before that took place there was a little battle going on between myself and the Angel of the North and i must admit he was well and truly kicking my butt at 1 stage i was wishing i was in his swim not long later there were infact quite a few of us were as he was into a clonker is rod arched over and the fight was on Arky versus the hardest fighting fish he had the pleasure of battling or so he thought as Arky was playing this fish his other rod screamed off and Mick the cast was just a little slow as my arm was on it like a shot and we played and weighed 2 clonking fish a common of 17lb and a mirror of 16lb .

035.jpg

Later that evening seen myself , Arky , Big Ken and Scott were heading for the wye we fished a little stretch that was like the m50 but with kayaks and canoes coming down the river 1 after the other and i have to say some canoeists with a little attitude , they were soon told to go forth and paddle , we baited a prime run albeit shallow and some times full of barbel but conditions were not looking good until The Angel had struck .

038.jpg

He was in and the way the fish pulled it was no way going to be a single he was going to be a double all day long , i have played enough barbel on this river to know the difference and with the Angel using a 2 lb tc rod then the fish should have succumbed the adrenalin was pumping the lactic acid was burning and the cussing happened , i kid you not after 10 mins of playing the fish hook pulled less than 10 ft from the bank , dejected , gutted , wanting to fight some slap head canoeist to take out my frustation but hey ho things like this happen all the time , back on the rods and waiting for the 3ft twitch which i had and Arky screamed and the hook link snapped guttiing , i am convinced if i had my barbel gear with my normal set up that would have never of happened , the Angel waiting for the whiskers .

036.jpg

Back at base we had another cracking bbq curtousy of Blokey and Ken buying out Morrisons , we had yet another good night with Scott his cousin Tom and few extra faces making an appearance fom down yonder , Mick the cast was accepting the free spiced rum from Paul and Karren and to say he was rather inebriated would be an under statement he even wanted some coke but had enough soon as he heard the ring pull [:D] people dissapeard and Mick the cast went to his bivvy using the trades mans entrance until the angel put him to bed .

Sunday morning seen me rising rather early and today i decied to fish hard with a few tweeks to my rigs the rods were cast and the seen was set man vs fish and with out blowing my vue vue zela man won on this occasion , i took 10 carp to 98 lb 6oz plus a 4 lb 3oz tench which we have not icluded in the hall every fish was taken on chocolate malt tipped with corn on a heli rig cast just 12" from the platform , i kid you not the casting by mick the cast and myself had to be seen to be believed , i lost 2 rigs in over a zillion casts whilst fighting a left to right wind or even a right to left . Some of the fish from a cracking day .

045.jpg

060.jpg

071.jpg

That evening came way to fast for me as some very nice mds had set off for home Muskie went Friday as he had a migraine , Hamish went Saturday because the chef poisoned him ,Andy the dj fished a match and he had to return home , Banksy was of to the local hotel for a 3hour bath a sleep and curry in Ross before making the trip back home the next morning , Chris and Diana went Sunday and what a very lovely couple next year Diana you are coming up for a shin dig even if i have to carry you [:D] Stymie had to go as he had family commitments and also what a cracking bloke tieing me a load of new rigs , thank you very much , 1 day i will be coming to France but you know my reasons why i am yet to be able to come , Big Ken had to be home before his good lady came up to castrate him [;)]so that also seen blokey dissapear but not for long as he returned for the evening with the boss Linda and his daughter Saff i think with ron on the end , Mick the cast had to go as hes got a big holiday planned and plus he was on a promise or at least that what his wife said on the phone Saturday night , by the way i think she had also been on the spiced rum [;)] we had another great night with Ady and his partner Michele making an appearance and what a fit healthy man you are looking , good luck you are a top bloke .

Arkys , Blokeys and Pauls angels

073.jpg

This morning was sereal as it was home time and the sun was shining and it was very very warm even for an Angel to show his tits [:D]

080.jpg

The rods were still in the water but something did not feel right was it the weather , no the bloke who lives opposite and opposes fishing ,people and other walks of life was only spraying weed killer along the cabbage patch swim where all our rods were waiting for action , still 1 more common graced the banks before we headed for home

079.jpg

We soon said good bye to Scott and Tom as they were off by the way good angling Tom beating Scott in your little knock up [;)]

Mr v and Karen soon departed up the m50 with theyre ebay bargin and what a lovely couple you both are .

That left me , Ashley , Arky and Pat , i walked every swim with a litter picker and bag and i have to say every single 1 of you left your swims immaculate you are all a credit to your selves and mds the cwtches were soon made between us and we were off for the long journey home 40 mins of chilled out driving through tractor country .

I also have to mention codger once again for the fosters and for making the effort to come and see us , top man , also Jacko for coming up and seeing a few of us yesterday , also i would like to thank Blokey for the fire works that was with out doubt the best display i have seen out of a registered display , and also Mick for organising yet another cracking fishing , tight lines and sweet dreams , ps if i have left anything out then i appologise as my eyes are tired and brain is frazzled .

Last edited:

arkwright

FlyingCarpetPilot
Site Supporter
We had a few graham ...you emptied the lake [:D][:D]

jacko the wacko

Great report graham and cracking fish lads ,it was great to meet a few of you on sunday.And fair play what a top guy barry bloke was going in the drink to save a swan signet wrapped up in some bodys tackle,none of our boys i must say.[:T][:T]

banksy

Life Member
Site Supporter
And the sun DID shine on us -

best.jpg

A great four days.
[:)]

Godber

Priapism! ladies?
Site Supporter
Right just a quick one to say thanks all for the marvellous time i had. As per usuall the fishing was good, the banter scything, the food tremendous, the weather changeable and the memories never ending. Big thankyou to Codger for the crate of fosters which i thought was a splendid gesture [:T] Wacko Jacko and lady friend for nipping in to see us, thanks mate, nice to meet you[:T]Barrybloke for the fireworks display, absolutely awsome mate [:T] Mr Bellamy the owner and his father, 2 of the nicest blokes you will ever meet[:T][:T] Arky for the fags[:T] Karen for the copious amounts of Morgans spiced rum she lavished upon me drink.gif [:T] Pat for brewing me endless mugs of tea and coffee kisses.gif

If you are reading this and haven't done a fish in you dont know what your a missing.

Right then folks, time for me to get off ready for Malta, once again thanks to all of you for a crackingly good time, hope to meet you all again very soon.[:T]

mouse77

I really need to come to one of these fish ins to show you lot how to catch fish and drink beer....bloody light weights!

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
Nice report Graham [:T]

welshwingnut

Blokey jumping in and saving a swan and Mick was to the right keeping the mother back with his landing net as she was going besrick.

066.jpg

Mick the cast giving out lessons , it paid off because Monday seen Arky hitting the spot , by the way theres no excuse but Arkys shoulder is shot to bits , buy a bait boat you tight fisted Angel .

052.jpg

Mick the cast , the morning from the night before wandering around looking for his bog roll

048.jpg

Another view to the swim that produced 17 commons 2 mirrors and 5 tench not bad considering its no where near a runs water or a commercial

082.jpg

Brian the Fish

Older Member.
Site Supporter
My jealousy knows no bounds! [:D]
Nice write-ups and photos, some great fishing. It looks like a nice place.
Well done to the cygnet rescue party.
Glad you all had a good few days.
[:T][:W]

banksy

Life Member
Site Supporter
And the prize for the most unusual catch ...

Goes to Arky.

A PB 1 lb 2oz kipper.

Akrkie.jpg

Now HOW did he manage to hook THAT ?

[;)][:D]

Codger

Great Report Graham...
Good to meet some of you folks (briefly)...
Glad you had a successful Fish in !!!!

Larry

Lazarus
Great report looks like i missed a cracker of a fishin lets hope i can make next years finances permitting,

kevb

was 'bigkevb'
Originally posted by mouse77

I really need to come to one of these fish ins to show you lot how to catch fish and drink beer....bloody light weights!

get your self over the penine's on aug 6that lindholme [:)][:)]

what a cracking report , glad to see you all had a good time [:D][:D]

andy_martin

The artist formerly known as...
Cant wait for the next one, fantastic bunch of lads and felt very welcome on my first fish in!

n/a14

deleted
excellent report and piccies, sorry I couldn't make it, we will see most of you in France in a month or so!
Maybees next year for France Graham!! [:T]

Dave and Elvis the broken pelvis!

mocnscott

finally a winner
It was great to meet up with everyone again, I managed a new pb Tench of 5lb exactly along with 5 others over the weekend and a carp of around 12lb ish. I didn't bother with the carp rods during the day and fished float and feeder with ok results. I had a 15lb 4oz bag of skimmers in 5 hours on the method along with bags of around 5lb and 10lb. Graham Tom and I drew, I allowed him to win the second day as I destroyed him on the first day plus I had the bggest fish either way I'm not inviting him next year!!

Scott

welshwingnut

Pmsl , you are not bitter Scott .

1 other thing i would like to say is the so called carpys kicked the match boys butts well and truly .

mocnscott

finally a winner
Originally posted by welshwingnut

Pmsl , you are not bitter Scott .

1 other thing i would like to say is the so called carpys kicked the match boys butts well and truly .

Haha no not at all. He turns everything into a competition though he's murder for it, then invents the rules to give himself the best possible chance for a win. He even said he beat me on the way home!!! Jerk having an imaginary race on the motorway. I wouldn't mind but he won't accept defeat even when it's blatant. Moron.

I reckon it would have been close if it had been a timed match vs specimen match though Graham. Let's face it no carp or Tench came out during the day from the island only from the boat and boathouse pegs so in a proper match between 10am - 3pm only a couple of people caught Carp and the weights in total would possibly not have been enough to defeat a match team in an evenly split contest where most match anglers could have been counted on to get at least 10lb of fish.

One thing is for sure I am not fishing up at the island again seems much slower than everywhere else woods all the way for me next year.

Scott

banksy

Life Member
Site Supporter
And Graham didn't even see the 100 lb nets of skimmers I was slipping back every 5 hours!
[;)]

mocnscott

finally a winner
That's right banksy. Heavy those skimmers weren't they? I reckon 50lb+ of skimmers is achievable in there in 5hours but not from where I have been fishing the past 2 fish ins though. I'm going to make it my challenge for next year.

Scott

Status
Not open for further replies.