Harrys razors ?

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
Has anyone tried any of the Harry's razors that are being advertised on the tinterweb?

I've just ordered a trial set as it was a bit of a no-brainer as I'm out of my normal blades which cost a small fortune nowadays

tipitinmick

Site Supporter
Ive tried some Dave while the misses couldnt find my usual blades. I was very impressed. I thought they would be cheap rubbish but, quite the contrary. They werent bad at all. The thing is, they now have my email address and subsequently, I get bombarded with their adverts now. ?

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
I noticed there were options when signing up for the trial to not receive further info and emails relating to selected products.
Can you not log in to their site @tipitinmick and deselect those preferences?

Peezartiste

I signed up for them about 8 months ago, and just received my second pack of 8 blades last week. Still have 4 left from my first pack.
Verdict! I feel that Gillette is marginally smoother whilst shaving but not enough to be paying the premium for the name. I'll stick with them for another couple of packs, then cancel.
I'm 75 next month so at the rate I'm shaving, that should give me about 5 years worth and see me out. LOL

rudd

Site Supporter
Has anyone tried any of the Harry's razors that are being advertised on the tinterweb?

I've just ordered a trial set as it was a bit of a no-brainer as I'm out of my normal blades which cost a small fortune nowadays

No - fed up with prices bought a phillips electric, set it at 1.5 for that shadow effect!?

ukzero1

Growing old disgracefully.
Site Supporter
No - fed up with prices bought a phillips electric, set it at 1.5 for that shadow effect!?

Round here it's called 'scruffy effect' although in other places it might be known as 'designer stubble' :giggle: How do you plug in a Harry's razor anyway?

Arry

Aitch, Cantankerous old gimmer with "Views"
Site Supporter
Wet shaving gives me terrible razor burn so Phillips Electric for me... not as close as a blade but near enough... once in a while I treat myself to a Turkish shave (cut-throat razor hot towels etc) strangely no razor burn and feels lovely afterwards

GeoffW

Site Supporter
I've been using Harry's for well over a year. I find that their blades shave and last ok.
I heard that they have been taken over by Wilkinson Sword

Arry

Site Supporter
I've been using Harry's for well over a year. I find that their blades shave and last ok.
I heard that they have been taken over by Wilkinson Sword
Thats about par for the course... bit of opposition...? Either buy em out or make em go under... sold for £1.37 billion... Wilkinsons must have been worried to shell out that much... watch the prices rocket now

tipitinmick

Site Supporter
Wet shaving gives me terrible razor burn so Phillips Electric for me... not as close as a blade but near enough... once in a while I treat myself to a Turkish shave (cut-throat razor hot towels etc) strangely no razor burn and feels lovely afterwards
Best shave ever. Had one in Turkey while on holiday and he set me on fire. ? Burnt the hair out of my ears and nose. Misses was wetting herself watching. I drew the line at the male massage thaough. I aint having a pound of that.

Arry

Site Supporter
Every now and then I have what they describe as "The Full Service" face shave, head shave, hot towels, head, neck and arm massage, ears waxed and singed, eyebrows trimmed, and a Turkish coffee or two... £25... feels great, you come out feeling totally relaxed... just an occasional treat mind you, only once every few months...

Dusty

You spend 2 to 3 days a year shaving (10 mins a day).

Grow a beard and go fishing instead !

10 mins a day to have a shave? 5 minutes every week for me, I suppose being a man trapped in a small boys body has its benefits.

Zerkalo

Site Supporter
Couldn't grow a beard if I tried, I get a bit of goaty stubbly. :unsure:

Trogg

the bouncer
Staff member
Site Supporter
I was told a long time ago to use a soft toothbrush to clean between the blades of my razor, it will last longer...and they do, i shave my head, 20 minutes once or twice a week and then i clean the blades with the toothbrush..... one set of blades can last me for 6 months with no nicks, cuts or razor burn!

I use Mach3, Fusion or Hydro5 it depends upon who has the best blades deal on when it's time to replace mine.

I can see Harrys going downhill soon because in May this year they were bought out by Edgewell who own Wilkinson sword and Schick, Harrys blades were made by Schick (contrary to their advertisement about buying the factory!) .

Dollar shave club is owned by the Korean company Dorco who also produce Barbasol razors, amazingly a lot of Americans believe that as they are an American company everything they sell is American made....thats probably because they sponsor major league baseball and major league fishing but just like a lot of other razor companies.... they have their blades made by Dorco!