hard drive

Status
Not open for further replies.

timber

built for comfort
thinking of buying a new hard drive. internal, ide,around 200gb. is ther any makes i should avoid? i have never bought one before so your help would be great.

Benji

Account Locked
The seagate and western digital are both excellent makes.

chris w

pc problem solver
i have to agree with Benji on this although i have had a lot of problems with western digital hard drives

i would also recommend Maxtor as these are now made by Seagate
samsung make a good drive but for me the cream of the crop if you can afford one would be a

IBM desk star i have had a 120gig drive which i use a lot now for storage purpose's for nearly 8 years and its never let me down

J

Chubonator
Not sure about what Chris is saying, as Seagate were actually bought out by maxtor so seagate drives are actually made by Maxtor rather than Vice Versa.

IBM dont make Hard disks anymore as they sold their hard disk manufacturing sector to Hitachi a couple of years ago, so if you want a deskstar look for a Hitachi Deskstar. See >>>>>> www.ibm.com/harddrive

Timber what is wrong with the 200GB Seagate Barracuda that you have? A new Hard disk seems a little over kill to deal with a bit of spyware to me.

Last edited:

chris w

pc problem solver
Originally posted by J

Not sure about what Chris is saying, as Seagate were actually bought out by Maxtor so Seagate drives are actually made by Maxtor rather than Vice Versa.

IBM don't make Hard disks anymore as they sold their hard disk manufacturing sector to Hitachi a couple of years ago, so if you want a desk star look for a Hitachi Desk star. See >>>>>> www.ibm.com/harddrive

j take a look at this link mate i think you will find your information is incorrect i have recently lost a 330 gig hard drive and tried contacting maxtor only to be redirected to the seagate website take a look at the link is dated 2007 so pretty current

http://www.seagate.com/maxtor/

as for IBM WELL like i said i had my drive some 8 years and was not aware IBM had stopped making hard drives so go for a Hitachi then

Last edited:

Benji

Account Locked
IBM seem to be changing completely the last IBM PC we had delivered at work came with the Lenovo label, and the build quality was rubbish compared to what it was the other year.

chris w

pc problem solver
Benji i think IBM had lost a lot of their market place due to their systems being so highly priced and components coming in from asia being a lot cheaper than they could produce

chris w

pc problem solver
no problem j it is easy to read something incorrectly especially when they throw in lots of legal jargon i have done it myself many a time

no apologies necessary

Status
Not open for further replies.