Happy?

Zerkalo

Site Supporter
Bit of a prying thread so don't feel the need to answer if you don't want to.

There's an old saying among many others, 'be thankful for what you've got' and I always try to remember this. But how happy are you with your lot?

I love my job for a start. It's going reasonably well and as self employed, I'm ticking over. It's the most stress free job I've had with good work life balance. I am feeling like I suffer from anxiety though and it has got worse in some ways the older I get.

Things could be much worse for me.

juttle

Grumpy old cripple
Site Supporter
I’ve been on a combination of crutches and wheelchairs for the last twenty years- am I happy? Well, yes! I’ve been told I’ve got six months, and no, it wasn’t a judge, it was a doctor! That was fifteen years ago and I’m still here. I’ve had two sessions in ICU where the family have been gathered round and the transplant team have been waiting at the door for the machines to be turned off, but I’m still here. It’s been a bit traumatic getting here but I still get to fish twice a week. Am I happy? Yes, any day that starts with me opening my eyes is a good day!

Zerkalo

Site Supporter
I'd love a dog as a pet but my parents don't want one. Maggotdrowners have been good companions to me in the meantime. (y)

I don't have much to be anxious about but think I present as an anxious person, that's why I like to work solo. I'm not shy but noticed when I filmed myself the other day, I'm not good at public speaking and present as anxious. If I do start doing more videos I'll have to work on that. But it's easily remediable along with getting a girlfriend and moving out of my parents house at 36. Can make me feel like a bit of a loser if I think about it too much.

muskrat

Havin' a Waggle
Site Supporter
The trick to effective public speaking is to do it in your underwear.

...or was it to imagine everyone else in their underwear. Maybe that's where I've been going wrong!
;):ROFLMAO:

Zerkalo

Site Supporter
It took filming myself to release how many times I do a thing that distracts me watching other peoples videos... saying err every other word. That's something I have to make a conscious effort about, self improvement as they say.

Millers Thumb

Site Supporter
It took filming myself to release how many times I do a thing that distracts me watching other peoples videos... saying err every other word. That's something I have to make a conscious effort about, self improvement as they say.
Join a natureist group, your confidence will grow, well mine did anyway. :LOL::ROFLMAO:

mickthechippy

space cadet
Staff member
Site Supporter
Back from the vets,

examination shows he has a bad tooth with an abcess, they wont knock him out because of his age to remove it, risk is far too high

prescription given for a course of anti biotics and a bottle of pain killer iffin he seems to need it and also to put him on a soft food diet

came in just under the excess for the insurance, £80 odd

hopefully see an improvement in the next couple days

Dave Spence

MD virtual champion 2020. Golden Pie winner 2018.
Site Supporter
Back from the vets,

examination shows he has a bad tooth with an abcess, they wont knock him out because of his age to remove it, risk is far too high

prescription given for a course of anti biotics and a bottle of pain killer iffin he seems to need it and also to put him on a soft food diet

came in just under the excess for the insurance, £80 odd

hopefully see an improvement in the next couple days
He will be getting the best of care mate, that is for sure. Give the owd lad a scratch for me.

62tucker

Site Supporter
I inherited the worry gene from my mam and reading parts of her diary’s was bad reading so boxed them up and put away.
So that changed me a lot. Took a gamble and retire early and thought Enjoy what life you have left on the planet. Never been bored since that day. Always something to do. Bought 50 hooks to tie some hook length for pellet waggler fishing about a month ago and still not had time to do them. Had go pro in wear pool yesterday for over a hr so got that footage to scan though at my leisure. Getting visit today off a squirrel man about the invasion of greys in the area and possible remedies. Keeping busy is the key. @Zerkalo Set yourself up a YouTube channel and upload your videos onto that. No phone storage worry’s and use it as a journey of your life 👍

Maesknoll

Chris
Staff member
Site Supporter
Had go pro in wear pool yesterday for over a hr so got that footage to scan though at my leisure.

I hope that was a weir pool…… Wear pool make it read like you were at a North East swimming pool filming, that would be a bit creepy……..

62tucker

Site Supporter
I hope that was a weir pool…… Wear pool make it read like you were at a North East swimming pool filming, that would be a bit creepy……..
🙈. Thick geordie. keep thinking of the river wear.
My Excuse anyway