Happy with that.

Peter

'Mugger'
Staff member
Site Supporter
Good News for Chelsea and England fans.
Have to say as a Chelsea fan for nearly 60 years It's heartening to see the Academy kids getting a chance. Loftus-Cheek, Hudson Odoi, Mount, Chistensen, Tomori, Abraham and James. Taken far to long but it's injected a huge feel good factor into the club after losing Hazard in the summer.

Dusty

Good News for Chelsea and England fans.
Have to say as a Chelsea fan for nearly 60 years It's heartening to see the Academy kids getting a chance. Loftus-Cheek, Hudson Odoi, Mount, Chistensen, Tomori, Abraham and James. Taken far to long but it's injected a huge feel good factor into the club after losing Hazard in the summer.

It’s just a shame it took a transfer embargo to make it happen.
Having said that with Lampard at the helm he may have trialled the youth anyway.

For the last 4 or 5 years Chelsea have been one of my least favourite teams to watch but I’ve quite enjoyed the brand of football this season.

Lee Richards

Site Supporter
The transfer restrictions on Chelsea could be a blessing in disguise for them in many ways and not only from the young player perspective but also the choice of Lampard as manager.
Although RA has seemingly lost interest now and his visa rights show no sign of changing he has still not indicated he wants to sell, so if they could have spent he would have probably looked at a foreign manager and their player choices coming in.

Liked Lampard as a player and hope he becomes a great manager- English football needs it.

Peter

'Mugger'
Staff member
Site Supporter
Totally agree that a lot of this is a consequence of the transfer embargo but also vindicates the club policy regarding loaning players out that they've been heavily criticised for in the past. Those players are now match experienced and able to cope with the pressure of 1st team Premership football, while others have maybe been introduced to early and faded from the scene rather than kicking on, notable amongst those being Josh McEachran (now at Brentford, Dominic Solanke (Bournmouth) and Patrick Bamford (Leeds).

Lee Richards

Site Supporter
Yes absolutely and Tammy Abraham is a good example of that as he played over thirty games for each of his three loan clubs and is only twenty one now.
Watched him play for the Villa a couple of times last year and he has so much potential - really is a one to watch.
The downside of the loan system of course is the club loaning really lose out when the player leaves and his loss to Villa could be significant.

Peter

'Mugger'
Staff member
Site Supporter
From my point of view Solanke is the biggest disappointment. An exceptional talent coming up through the academy. Had his head turned and refused a new contract. Moved to Liverpool on a free where he stagnated and faded from view and is now trying to kick start his career at Bournmouth with minimal success. :(

Lee Richards

Site Supporter
Only read what has been in the sports pages but looks like he has had a few injury problems in such a short career so far and perhaps that's curtailed his career and made managers unsure about him.
Remember him playing for Liverpool but nothing "exceptional" about him springs to mind

Tinca Mad

Site Supporter
Abraham and Mount have been great to watch this year and enjoy seeing Alonso getting a game again. Outstanding Premiership player over the years. It'll be interesting to see how Chelsea do this year.

Peter

'Mugger'
Staff member
Site Supporter
Alonso is fine going forward, unfortunately defensively he's a liability. :( Likewise Dave (Azpilicueta) looks like he may be on the verge of having an "Ivanovic" season which is sad as he's been a great servant for the club although I don't see him as Captain material.. Hopefully Reece James can get fit and offer an option as Dave plays virtually every game.

crusty

Marcos Alonso is a world-class left-back who learned his trade at a proper club (y)

We were sat at the front on the halfway line at the Reebok when the ball came across and Alonso picked it up right in front of us. My son (aged 10-11) Jumped up and shouted: "shoot Marcos!" He knocked it forward ran on to it and smacked it into the top corner. As he ran back celebrating he pointed at us. My lad was made up.

I've got his signature on my mouse mat lol.

Ian

Maesknoll

Chris
Staff member
Site Supporter
Abraham was great to watch in his season on loan with us, shame about that embargo, we might have sneaked him back for another spell.....

Wise Owl

Account Locked
Feel sorry for Chelsea but no one more than me wants Lampard to Fail. And we still have Bamford :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: