Please don't post anything other than positive stuff[:T]

pegasus

benny
+ + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + +
is that positive enough for you

svenc

London Blanker NOT
Happy ST Georges Day.

My 3 year old is really looking forward to it. They have a red and white themed day so shes wearing a pretty red and white dress. I dont like children wearing makeup but im making an exception today, she will be having her nails painted in alternate, red and white. Taking my england flag with her.

Marvin Waggler

Bass Blanker
That's nice Sven, good to see Schools and other places slowly getting into it more, hope she has a good day mate.

pieman

Originally posted by Marvin Waggler

That's nice Sven, good to see Schools and other places slowly getting into it more, hope she has a good day mate.

DITTO[:T]

Marvin Waggler

Bass Blanker
QUOTES ABOUT ENGLAND

King Harold II (1022-1066)

"I will give him seven feet of English ground, or as much more as he may be taller than other men".

(When asked, before the Battle of Stamford Bridge, what he would offer the invading Norwegian King)

Ralph Waldo Emerson

"By this sacredness of individuals, the English have in seven hundred years evolved the principles of freedom"

paulus jovius (1483-1552) - bishop of nocera

"the whole [english] nation, beyond all other mortal men is most given to banquetting and feasts."

stendhal (1783-1842)

The English are, I think, the most obtuse and barbarous people in the world".

Billy Connoly

Braveheart is pure Australian sh*teWilliam Wallace was a spy, a thief, a blackmailer a c**t basically. And people are swallowing it. Its part of a new Scottish racism, which I loath this thing that everything horrible is English. Its conducted by the great unread and the conceited w***ers at the SNP, those dreary little pr**ks in Parliament who rely on bigotry for support

& my personal favourite

'birdie' bowers - who died lying next to robert falcon scott in the antarctic

"I love my country, and trust that I shall not be found wanting when the day comes to act. That dear old country - I wonder if a fraction of it's inhabitants appreciate it's worth, or does it require a probation of long absences to show one that that little island is the best, the very best place on God's earth".

Miggy

St Ives Fishing
Amen to those Marvin! there is nothing more English than today, and it should be celebrated by all those who live here, after all natives and those how have come to our fine land to make a better life for themselves and that of their familys should all be equally thankful for this tinys islands hospitality and promise of a better life. if not, you know where the exits are [:)]

lurkio

A little dab'll do
Happy St George's Day all. [:D]

And Happy Birthday to my step-dad. [:T]

lurkio

A little dab'll do
Originally posted by Marvin Waggler

Please don't post anything other than positive stuff[:T]
[/quote]

Don't expect a mad rush then. [:D]

john83

Account Locked
happy st georges day to all english on the forums, and a big hello to anyone else. didnt want to leave any sweaty socks or taffies out. [:D][:D]

Marvin Waggler

Bass Blanker
Kazuo Ishiguro from 'Remains of the day'

It is, I believe, a quality that will mark out the English landscape to any objective observer as the most deeply satisfying in the world, and this quality is probably best summed up by the term 'greatness.' For it is true, when I stood on that high ledge this morning and viewed the land before me, I distinctly felt that rare, yet unmistakeable feeling - the feeling that one is in the presence of greatness. We call this land of ours Great Britain, and there may be those who believe this is a somewhat immodest practice. Yet I would venture that the landscape of our country alone would justify the use of this lofty adjective.

And yet what precisely is this 'greatness'? Just where, or in what, does it lie? I am quite aware it would take a far wiser head than mine to answer such a question, but if I were forced to hazard a guess, I would say that it is the very lack of obvious drama or spectacle that sets the beauty of our land apart. What is pertinent is the calmness of that beauty, its sense of restraint. It is as though the land knows of its own beauty, of its own greatness, and feels no need to shout it. In comparison, the sorts of sights offered in such places as Africa and America, though undoubtedly very exciting, would, I am sure, strike the objective viewer as inferior on account of their unseemly demonstrativeness.

bluebaitbox

This royal throne of kings, this sceptred isle,
This earth of majesty, this seat of Mars,
This other Eden, demi-paradise,
This fortress built by Nature for herself
Against infection and the hand of war,
This happy breed of men, this little world,
This precious stone set in the silver sea,
Which serves it in the office of a wall
Or as a moat defensive to a house,
Against the envy of less happier lands,--
This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England.

William Shakespeare,
"King Richard II", Act 2 scene 1

HarryOatcake

02/02/04 -24/12/17
Site Supporter
In Memoriam
Originally posted by bluebaitbox

This royal throne of kings, this sceptred isle,
This earth of majesty, this seat of Mars,
This other Eden, demi-paradise,
This fortress built by Nature for herself
Against infection and the hand of war,
This happy breed of men, this little world,
This precious stone set in the silver sea,
Which serves it in the office of a wall
Or as a moat defensive to a house,
Against the envy of less happier lands,--
This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England.

William Shakespeare,
"King Richard II", Act 2 scene 1

This septic isle of unadulterated benefits
a land of untold welcome to all those who wish to dwell here
due to a life of deprivation from whence they come,
a land of oppurtunity, surpassing all dreams of there originations
a land dripping in milk and honey with pavements lined with gold
truly it should be called Valhalla.

A country fit only for Gods, whilst domiciled peasants
will turn somersaults of joy to welcome you,
and help in your quest
to take over this oppurtunistic isle of future comforts
and cater to your lifestyle of all your dreams.

Without fear or favour of any redress or impediment to your beliefs or lifestyles. [:p] [:D] [:D]

HarryOatcake tongue in cheek, taking the Pizz. [:H] [:C]

Harry.

Status
Not open for further replies.