happy memories

tipitinmick

Site Supporter
Sorry yes Stainforth
Hi Chris. Personally I don’t fish the Stainy that often. Maybe only two or three times a year. I prefer either the New Junction or the Aire & Calder. Not saying there’s anything wrong with the Stainy but, I have had a few near misses with cyclists coming close to running over my pole. Some are good about it but, some don’t give a ####. And I don’t go fishing to argue with folk all day. I can come on here and do that. 🤣🤣

DAMFLASK CHRIS

Site Supporter
Hi Chris. Personally I don’t fish the Stainy that often. Maybe only two or three times a year. I prefer either the New Junction or the Aire & Calder. Not saying there’s anything wrong with the Stainy but, I have had a few near misses with cyclists coming close to running over my pole. Some are good about it but, some don’t give a ####. And I don’t go fishing to argue with folk all day. I can come on here and do that. 🤣🤣
My late father in law had his moped pinched while fishing there so not a safe area had some good days there though
Robins nest and bless this house where OK to watch

warrington63

Exiled Northerner
Site Supporter
There are clips on you tube.
Google "Eh brian it's a whopper" and there are links to you tube.

160642fishing

Site Supporter
Only reading an article on Steptoe and Son last week Chris. Turns out the two actors hated one another and on breaks from filming they would sit as far apart as they could. The older actor ( can’t remember his name ) was arrested for soliciting men in a public toilet.
Wilfred Brambell and the younger one was Harry H Corbett,he had an interesting early life.

Corbett enlisted in the Royal Marines during the Second World War, and served in the Home Fleet on the heavy cruiser HMS Devonshire. After VJ Day in 1945, he was posted to the Far East, where he was involved in quelling unrest in New Guinea and reportedly killed two Japanese soldiers there whilst engaged in hand-to-hand fighting. He was then posted to Tonga, but deserted and remained in Australia before handing himself in to the Military Police. His military service left him with a damaged bladder following an infection, and a red mark on his eye caused by a thorn, which was not treated until late in his life.[

tipitinmick

Site Supporter
Wilfred Brambell and the younger one was Harry H Corbett,he had an interesting early life.

Corbett enlisted in the Royal Marines during the Second World War, and served in the Home Fleet on the heavy cruiser HMS Devonshire. After VJ Day in 1945, he was posted to the Far East, where he was involved in quelling unrest in New Guinea and reportedly killed two Japanese soldiers there whilst engaged in hand-to-hand fighting. He was then posted to Tonga, but deserted and remained in Australia before handing himself in to the Military Police. His military service left him with a damaged bladder following an infection, and a red mark on his eye caused by a thorn, which was not treated until late in his life.[
Brilliant that. Very interesting. Thank you mate. 👍

Tristar

Site Supporter
There are clips on you tube.
Google "Eh brian it's a whopper" and there are links to you tube.
Warrington63!

You are wanted in this household :D I've been watching these episodes now, brings back memories, the acting was amazing lol. Partner really fed up sitting through this after I discovered Forces TV, CHiPS, UFO, Duty Free, The Equalizer etc etc etc. She started to accept some but really pee'd off now!

:jump: