happy memories

Trogg

the bouncer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Sat here watch BBC4, 60 years of British sitcoms, all the greats like Curry n Chips, In sickness and in health, love thy neighbour, Terry n June

tipitinmick

Site Supporter
The good life for me Trogg. For obvious reasons I guess. 🤣. Felicity was easy on the eye when you were a randy 15 year old. Nothings changed there then. 🙄

ukzero1

Growing old disgracefully.
Site Supporter
It makes you wonder though, how many of those would be shown today with all these snowflakes complaining of this, that and the other. Comedies of that era were absolute classic.

Tristar

Site Supporter
I would love to see Love thy Neighbour and Alf Garnett to be shown again, each episode will five minutes longer to show all the apologies as it will upset him, upset her, upset he but not sure yet to be a she etc etc etc

If only the snowies realise that the comedy was the laughter at the character banging on. Classics.

Tristar

Site Supporter
Fawlty Towers is still a classic. I wonder if that will ever be repeated on the BBC?

robert d

Allways trying to improve
Site Supporter
Sat here watch BBC4, 60 years of British sitcoms, all the greats like Curry n Chips, In sickness and in health, love thy neighbour, Terry n June
Loved both of them and many more.

Dave Spence

MD virtual champion 2020. Golden Pie winner 2018.
Site Supporter
I can remember the streets being deserted when 'the comedians' was on tv. I used to love Charlie Williams.

DAMFLASK CHRIS

Site Supporter
Used to like steptoe and son morecome and wise and abbot and costello movies as a kid suzi quetro was my first crush

tipitinmick

Site Supporter
Used to like steptoe and son morecome and wise and abbot and costello movies as a kid suzi quetro was my first crush
Only reading an article on Steptoe and Son last week Chris. Turns out the two actors hated one another and on breaks from filming they would sit as far apart as they could. The older actor ( can’t remember his name ) was arrested for soliciting men in a public toilet.

DAMFLASK CHRIS

Site Supporter
Saw a interview on
Only reading an article on Steptoe and Son last week Chris. Turns out the two actors hated one another and on breaks from filming they would sit as far apart as they could. The older actor ( can’t remember his name ) was arrested for soliciting men in a public toilet.
So an interview on TV the other day they both spoke with a posh accents if it was radio you would not know who they where

DAMFLASK CHRIS

Site Supporter
Yeah. The old guy was very posh wasn’t he ? At first I thought he was putting it on but, no, just posh. Bit like myself really. 🤣🤣
Did you ever fish Thorne canal used to like it years ago even caught a trout was good for perch roach odd chub

tipitinmick

Site Supporter
Did you ever fish Thorne canal used to like it years ago even caught a trout was good for perch roach odd chub
Thorne canal ? ( scratches head ) Which one is that mate ? Do you mean the Stainforth & Keasby canal in Thorne ? I don’t know where you mean pal.