Happy June 16th!!

robert d

Allways trying to improve
Site Supporter
It's finally here, the first day of the new river season, off to pick up a new (to me) 15/17' rod this morning so I can spend more time running a stick float down the river for some lovely silvers.
Tight lines 😁

Cobweb

Site Supporter
It's finally here, the first day of the new river season, off to pick up a new (to me) 15/17' rod this morning so I can spend more time running a stick float down the river for some lovely silvers.
Tight lines and good luck in finding the rod you want available

Silverfisher

Site Supporter
Happy 16th all!

I’m not out today but got sessions arranged for Saturday, Monday and Tuesday. Also trying to book a couple days off in July to supplement the weekend sessions. God I love that the river season is finally here 😍

Cobweb

Site Supporter
@Silverfisher I got to use my Acolyte Ultra 13ft float rod on a lake yesterday- first time for ages - forgotten what a luvverly rod it is. Stayed out far too long float fishing and got sunburn on spots that I hadn't screened - still, "Non Je Ne Regrette Rien!"

spanky

Irregular Member
Site Supporter
Just got back from a few hours roving and trotting on the River Colne...

It was running a bit high (I think lack of canal boats have forced extra water into the system) so fishing some of my usual haunts was very difficult, managed just a few in spots where I would expect to catch a dozen or more.

Finally found a few fish above a weir section and finished with about 25 fish - a mix of roach, perch, chub, dace and a few bleak. Nothing over 6oz or so, but lovely to be out.

Saw a cracking mirror carp in the margins (10lb or so) but it spooked and shot off.

Silverfisher

Site Supporter
@Silverfisher I got to use my Acolyte Ultra 13ft float rod on a lake yesterday- first time for ages - forgotten what a luvverly rod it is. Stayed out far too long float fishing and got sunburn on spots that I hadn't screened - still, "Non Je Ne Regrette Rien!"
Good stuff, perfect timing can get out trotting with it now!

SeanB

Site Supporter
Had a quick wander along the River Hull on the way home, quite a few fishing but didn't see anything caught. Did see quite a few roach, mostly small, but it looked really nice. This was on the Figham Pastures stretch.

Cobweb

Site Supporter
Good stuff, perfect timing can get out trotting with it now!
Thunderstorms forecast here for the next 5 or 6 days so no go at the mo'. I'm champing at the bit for a break in the weather already - I'll be there!

Silverfisher

Site Supporter
Thunderstorms forecast here for the next 5 or 6 days so no go at the mo'. I'm champing at the bit for a break in the weather already - I'll be there!
Yes Saturday looks like the only completely dry day here for a week or so as well. Could have done with the rain just before the season opened not after 😢

carphauler

Barbel Tickler
Picked my BAA ticket up today, hopefully the forecast thunder storms come to wash the river through for weekend.