Happy 20th Birthday Maggotdrowning.com

Tristar

Site Supporter
Happy Birthday :band:. Thank you to all who make this site. Some great tips, advice and banter on here, nice people. :beer-toast1:

Godber

Priapism! ladies?
Site Supporter
Maggotdrowners, met quite a few of you over the years at various 'fish ins' around the UK. Made some good mates and had some of the funniest drunken nights huddled around camp fires, under tarpaulins, in caravans and once in probably the biggest tent l've ever seen. Enjoyed every single minute of it.
Cheers Dave, heres to many more years of MD's, 'fish ins' and drunken nights. 👍🍻

tipitinmick

Site Supporter
Shouldn’t Maggie be a caster by now Dave ? Probably a husk after 20 years 😳
Well done pal 👍.

Fancy, another 20 years and I may be able to understand Peter. 🤣🤣

baggy

Mark Saunders
Happy Birthday!

I joined years ago but only really started posting in the last few weeks. It’s a great site, with really good posters I wish I had started posting years ago

Scribe

Official Supplier of Pork Pies to the Drowners
Site Supporter
Happy Birthday to the MD family.

Hand on heart I can honestly say that MD has made me the top flight matchman I am......... if there is a match on, I had better fly in the opposite direction. :D

Seriously though without MD I may not have continued fishing after taking up three & half years ago. The amount of help and advice I have received and not to mention the priceless banter I have enjoyed is all down to a Yorkie having a daft idea of starting a fishing forum 20 years ago. I bet it seemed like a good idea at the time @Dave. :D

So hat's off to Dave, Peter and all the Mods and also no small praise for the members and characters that make MD what it is. :upthumb::upthumb:

tipitinmick

Site Supporter
It will be a laugh trying though, that's for sure. ;):p
I’m doing some research on your species Peter. Apparently you like a drink called .....
A0F417FA-A9A2-4DDE-A342-1B1002127216.jpg

Shhaaaannddy ? Is that right ? I don’t think I’ve pronounced that right have I ? 🤣🤣😘

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
To be fair to Peter, as 2nd Admin he's often called on to proof-read the occasional email or notice I have to send to ensure it is written diplomatically enough. Apparently 'Yorkshire speak' can be a bit intimidating and blunt at times :D

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
Anyway, for those that don't know.....

Meet the Staff ;)

1613162738795.png
1613162769809.png

All who give up their spare time to help out keeping the place in order and me out of trouble :D
And without which we wouldn't be where we are now.

Davethefish

Site Supporter
Launched on February 12th 2001, Maggotdrowning.com's 'Maggie' is 20 years old today maggie20.gif

12th February 2001-2021
Who'd have thought that a little project some twenty years ago would become what is reputed to be the largest Coarse Fishing website within the UK, if not globally and has progressively grown to what must be the largest participant Coarse Fishing website in the UK with in excess of 25,000 members, traffic close to 1/4 Billion Server Hits annually, and a monthly average of 12million web pages being rendered.

Happy Birthday 'Maggie' and here's to many more to come :beer-toast1:

Thanks for all the hard work Dave, Happy Anniversary !

minkyandbear

Site Supporter
Happy Anniversary Maggie , really enjoyed the past 13 years of membership. Always an enjoyable and informative site to log into.