Happy 20th Birthday Maggotdrowning.com

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
Launched on February 12th 2001, Maggotdrowning.com's 'Maggie' is 20 years old today maggie20.gif

12th February 2001-2021
Who'd have thought that a little project some twenty years ago would become what is reputed to be the largest Coarse Fishing website within the UK, if not globally and has progressively grown to what must be the largest participant Coarse Fishing website in the UK with in excess of 25,000 members, traffic close to 1/4 Billion Server Hits annually, and a monthly average of 12million web pages being rendered.

Happy Birthday 'Maggie' and here's to many more to come :beer-toast1:

MunchMyStump

Site Supporter
That's some achievement indeed Dave. Well done to all involved and I wish the forum greater strength going forward. Please please let the sun come out and the pandemic finish so we can all go out fishing... The server is going to take a right battering once that happens!!
There must be some form of "party" for the 21st birthday surely?

Peter

'Mugger'
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reading this makes me realise that one way or another I've been involved with Maggotdrowning.com for the best part of a third of my "Angling Life". :eek:
Thanks Dave and your little project, I've had a blast, made new friends, fished new venues, had many a laugh, won a few matches and a few Nuggets along the way, It has probably even been responsible for me retiring to Yorkshire!!!!!! none of which may have happened had you not mentioned to me a little website you had set up all those years ago. :upthumb:

Happy Birthday Maggie and here's to many more.
🍺🥂🍷🥃🎂🥃🍷🥂🍺

PS: It's all Troggs fault, if he hadn't organised a Fish-in on another website and invited a couple of soft Yorkies that didn't like the cold I may never of met Dave.

Trent_Fisher

Site Supporter
Terrific effort from you and the mods to keep the forum running all these years.

Thanks for the time and effort you all dedicate.

The Landlord

Site Supporter
Marvellous achievement & one of the best sites I've ever found on the internet in my life. Made lots of new friends (virtual & in real life) .Completely rekindled the fishing bug for me, kept me entertained through lockdown & been a massive source of help and advice in my return to the banks.
Proud to be a member of the biggest bunch of knobheads on the net.

ukzero1

Growing old disgracefully.
Site Supporter
It's all credit to those that have made it work. Well, that and the wagon load of Hob-Nobs that went missing from a lorry 21 years ago.

Well done all for keeping the site going and here's to many more years to come. :beer-toast1:

danny_glover09

Site Supporter
Launched on February 12th 2001, Maggotdrowning.com's 'Maggie' is 20 years old today maggie20.gif

12th February 2001-2021
Who'd have thought that a little project some twenty years ago would become what is reputed to be the largest Coarse Fishing website within the UK, if not globally and has progressively grown to what must be the largest participant Coarse Fishing website in the UK with in excess of 25,000 members, traffic close to 1/4 Billion Server Hits annually, and a monthly average of 12million web pages being rendered.

Definitely the best. For anything fishing related you can't get any better. I have posted questions on this site about upcoming Waters I'm fishing and I have had people meet me after my draw for advice. Can't get much better than that...

The club house has acquired and lost so many regulars over the years. I look through the topics in the club house before I read the other forums. There is always somebody asking a question which I don't know the answer of. It would be my first port of call if I had a random question.

Congratulations for 20 years. Here's to another 20

BTMS

Site Supporter
To Dave, Moderators, and all that have put an extremely long time, effort and their own money to make this site a haven of peace/sanctuary and fill us with laughter and other emotions throughout the last 20 years. I salute you all.(y):beer-toast1:❤️

robert d

Allways trying to improve
Site Supporter

12th February 2001-2021

Happy birthday 🎂 🥳 🎉 🎈 Maggie

drw

Site Supporter
Happy birthday, a great milestone for Dave and the team well done all 🥳🥳🥳

crayfishtraps

Site Supporter
happy birthday all maggotdrowners...most imformative site ive found..thankyou all..without all members there wouldnt be this site..THANKYOU