Hanworth Country Park

Griffo

Site Supporter
Hi guys

Got 5 days booked, end of the month, any tips or advice on the fishing, never been before I have a lodge in between the main lake and canal lake, strikes me as a bit of a commercial set up as it’s got day ticket season ticket and on site fishing?

thanks

Griffo

legs230258

Site Supporter
I stayed there a while ago with my missus. Fisher the canal mostly as it was right outside our lodge.
The fishing was excellent. Stuffed with fish. You could catch all day on a top kit, but the fish are real fighters ! The drink and dine facilities are ok if not a bit pricey. Knowing the area well we dined out a bit, bring a takeaway home on the evenings we went out sampling the local pubs. The hot tub was a brilliant and relaxing end to every day. Having lived in the area some a long while ago it was a welcome break.
If you want the biggest and best breakfast ever, along with sumptuous cakes and amazing homemade sausage rolls and home made Mr Whippy Ice cream, visit the cafe in the Old Library at Branston, it's excellent. It's also the village where I used to live. Enjoy your break.