Hand Warmers

gorstyman

After recently reading an article in Talk Fishing on here about hand warmers, I decided to purchase a cpl of the Peacock type hand warmers from E-bay.

A member called Chavender recommended these, and after coming home with hands like frozen fish fingers from a recent match I thought I would go and buy some lighter fuel to try them out before use.

The fuel cost 99p from local paper shop and I filled one yesterday and lit it up.

20 mins later and its lovely and hot, a bit too hot to hold in your hand so placed it in the little red cloth bag that came with it as recommended.

I lit it at 3pm yesterday and its now 11am the following day .

20 hrs and I cant believe its still like a little radiator in its bag lol.[:D]

Methinks cold hands will be a thing of the past for me when i,m stood on the sea wall at Blackpool fishing thru the night for that elusive big un, or as recently happened when my hands are too cold to put a caster on the hook without bursting it lol.

Cost was about 22 pounds inc. postage for 2 of them and they do a larger version probably more suitable to the specimen guys.

They seem well made and certainly appear a bargain that actually work as intended for a change!!!!!

bream fisherman

i bought one these and used it night fishing a couple of weeks ago.

They are absolutely fantastic and it was still hot 36 hours later! totally recommend them!

Last edited by a moderator:

johnychacha

has anyone tried the zippo ones ? i saw them advertised yesterday for around 20 and wondered if they are any good ?

spamlessuk

Has anybody tried the S-Boston ones (http://www.sharnbrooktackle.com/acatalog/Online_Catalogue_Hand_Warmers_34.html).

These have a battery powered ignitor system and an on off switch so you dont need matches and you only use fuel when you need to.

Bit pricy (30) but xmas is comming afterall [:D]