Hand Sanitiser - Does it put fish off?

Silver fan 82

I've often wondered this myself. Not really sure though? There is a video on YouTube of Ian Heaps fishing bread. He says his Dad always found an Ivy leaf and rubbed it over his hands before fishing to get rid of any human smell. Makes sense in theory?

banksy

Life Member
Site Supporter
What memories are made of - just a shame your hands are only 3" across - they really make it look big ! Actually I'm envious - looking forward to get up their again.

And that was from 'your' corner swim, Peter!
The roach did ask after you, and asked me to pass on their regards.
:)

Nunachuk

Nunachuk
Site Supporter
I once knew a bloke who used to rub Polvitomol on his hands to get rid of the human smell, he said that he thought that it worked and it also stopped him from biting his fingernails-Bonus!

baggy

Mark Saunders
I always wash my hands then rub them on grass when I’ve applied sun cream. That always gets rid of the smell

DevonDangler

Site Supporter
I never put diesel in the day I go fishing ,and I’m paranoid about the fact that I smoke , I’ve got a lot of small atomiser bait sprays, I like to spray some on my fingers and rub that in ...I think scopex or tutti fruity is better than nicotine tainting the bait 🤷‍♂️

I’ve never given nicotine fingers a thought before while fishing but I like the idea of spraying some bait sprays on my hands to mask any scent, will try it next time I’m out 👍

chefster

Shedster!!
Site Supporter
I’ve never given nicotine fingers a thought before while fishing but I like the idea of spraying some bait sprays on my hands to mask any scent, will try it next time I’m out 👍
Don’t spray one of Andy’s concentrated kriller x boosters 😂😂😂, I use the choc orange, banninion, scopex

robert d

Allways trying to improve
Site Supporter
I always wash my hands then rub them on grass when I’ve applied sun cream. That always gets rid of the smell
Be careful Winston might have 💩, good idea. 🥰 anything to disguise our smell. I thought of rubbing garlic on fingers or a bit of hemp.oil

CarpCatcher86

Why on earth do you need hand sanitiser when out fishing? Are you shaking hands with everyone on the water or swapping gear?

robert d

Allways trying to improve
Site Supporter
Why on earth do you need hand sanitiser when out fishing? Are you shaking hands with everyone on the water or swapping gear?
To open gates ,pay ,grab bait ect , after that you dont need it , if you have bait and no gates and can pay without touching anything ,you wouldnt need it .