Hampshire Avon

Status
Not open for further replies.

mookie

mookie
icon_smile_shock.gificon_smile_shock.gif Hey lads and lasses did anybody read the Article in this weeks Anglers Mail bout English Natures idea of ridding the Avon of chub and barbel ???? Well what can l say bout that dogs doodahs !!!!! How the hell would they rid the Avon of every chub and barbel ??? that river would be complete b....cks to fish after they do that...Most people who fish that river go for these two species ...they and the EA believe these are non native species and should be removed.....any views on this rubbish from members who live in the area of the Hampshire Avon...

The mind boggles whats next ????...

Cheers everyone

Mook

icon_smile_big.gificon_smile_big.gificon_smile_big.gificon_smile_big.gif

Peter

'Mugger'
Staff member
Site Supporter
Ten Years Time?
50lbs Carp from the Parlour!
I'm afraid that more and more Carp are going to show up in our rivers.
More floods mean more carp being liberated from commercials next to rivers.Carp are very hardy fish and have the ability to do well in a wide variety of conditions.
Who knows,you may even read about.......
NEW RECORD BARBEL,27lbs caught from MAKINS(phase19)

Peter. thumbsup.gif
Happiness is a rod in your hand.

jel

Hi mook how's it going ?
I cant believe they even think such a stupid thing!!!
I fished the "Royalty" last year and its such a great place,
my hands were literally shaking with anticipation and excitement when I was getting set up, trying to imagine what it would be like to hook a barbel or a speciman chub. The question I ask myself would I drive 200 miles just to catch bream and carp, I don't think so! Lets just hope they come to their sences.

Cheers Jel.icon_smile_shock.gificon_smile_shock.gif

j white

mookie

mookie
icon_smile_big.gificon_smile_big.gificon_smile_big.gificon_smile_big.gif Ta for the replies lads, well all l can say is keep carp out of rivers....at the rate its going with this hobby the only fish you will encounter on trips will be carp carp and more bl..dy carp...l would rather catch 6 decent chub anytime than those pole and rod smashers < carp>...crucians yes !!!! its becoming a fact you cannot fish light anymore for crucians and roach etc...in case you get smashed off by these greedy buggars....yes l agree they are a matchmans fish and they love them...but to me they are becoming a real memace to anglers wanting to catch other species....

Cheers lads.....Mook

G

Now then Mook are you looking for an argument hereicon_smile_wink.gif with comments like that i think you might get one
icon_smile_wink.gificon_smile_wink.gif
How ya doin Mookie?
beer-toast1.gif
Toma

mookie

mookie
quote:
Now then Mook are you looking for an argument hereicon_smile_wink.gif with comments like that i think you might get one
icon_smile_wink.gificon_smile_wink.gif
How ya doin Mookie?
beer-toast1.gif
Toma

Evening Toma --- Only my opinion matey...carp have there place l admit that but not in rivers...they would take over and eat everything...hoovers with fins...l think most anglers would appreciate commercials that have a couple of lakes with carp in and 2 without them....then we would be all happier to fish them..l admit l will be going to commercials when the rivers close..but its getting out of hand with the carp bit.....

Cheers Mook

Status
Not open for further replies.