Hambleton fishery Flleetwood

Status
Not open for further replies.

bigredfish

Hi I am having a day at Hambleton fishery can anyone give any advice on methods to fish and which lake, baits and any other interesting advice.

Cheers bigredfish

marlon

I would go elsewere,not to good when i have been,very patchy

I have heard,that it has been sold and houses are going to be built

on the land,so that tells me a lot..

OK

Marlon.

bigredfish

Cheers Marlon for the advice and interesting info about the fishery having been sold.
As for the results as me a my mate Stu actually went to Hambleton today (probably the wettest day of the year) and although the wind and rain were terrible we both still decided to venture as we had already booked the day of work.
The weather apart we opted for the lake in front of the lodge and fished two pegs together towards the island at approx 10 metres and swapped between this the track and the margins and had plenty of fish (2-3lb Barbel, Bream & Tench and dozens of small Chub, Roach & Skimmers) although no carp which did not spoil our pleasure as the float was bobbing and dipping all day long.
Would Probably go to Hambleton again as the fishing was not too bad, fair weather this time hopefully, if it is still open that is by then if rthe rumours are correct.

Cheers bigredfish

Bobogib

If you want a good fishery to go to in that area got to Hghfield fisheries. Its about 5 minutes away from hambleton fisheries. When you get to the bend in the road where the shops and garage are, take the turning off (its the road that goes up past the church, don't know street names) Drive right past the church and you will pass some national speed limit signs. Shortly after this the road takes a sharp turn to the right, turn left here and the fishery is about 200m on the right hand side.

Its a fantasic fishery, the bloke that own it used to run ob's fishing tackle on beech rd in cleveleys. It's stocked with pretty much every coarse species you can think of and holds carp to 10lb, bream to around 5, tench and barbel to around 3, lots of silvers and if you get the right peg you can catch cricians all day long. Its fantastic sport.

Hope the directions are ok though. If you know the area i'm sure you'll find it.

bigredfish

Cheers Bobogib,

Never heard of highfield before and found the following details on their website. As you state this clearly looks like quality fishery ans one i will be giving a go in the near future.

Highfield Fisheries 2004
Ghants Lane Hambleton,
Poulton Le Fylde,
Lancashire
FY6 9DG
Tel/Fax 01253 701929

Regards

bigredfish
Mobile 07958 549441
Web: http://www.highfieldfisheries.co.uk/
E-Mail Highfield Fisheries

Bobogib

I can't access thier website at the moment but if i remeber from last time i looked it is a little out of date. But don't let that put you off. Its an excellent venue.

jhelme8001

YOU ARE LOOKING FOR GHANTS LANE THAT LEADS TO HIGHFIELD MATE
CASTER UP IN THE WATER IS ONE OF THE BEST METHODS, BUT YOU NEED TO KEEP FEEDING THEM, I WOULDN'T GO WITHOUT 3 PINTS, AND LUNCHEON MEAT DOWN THE MARGINS, I WOULD ALSO HAVE A PASTE LINE THIS TOO WORKS WELL, HOPE THIS WORKS FOR YOU JASON

Status
Not open for further replies.