Halogen bar heaters ?

mickthechippy

space cadet
Staff member
Site Supporter
Im doing a bit of the old DIY, mainly for summat to do really

Ive removed the central heating radiators in the room, to strip and repaper the walls

filled and smoothed some of the bits I deemed a bit rough and where the scraper-steamer took a bit more plaster off than I had hoped for, now just second filling to get the levels right

being as its chilly in there, Ive put a halogen heater on , though it dont seem to warm the room up much, iffin Im standing near it, I can feel the warmth on my legs-body, but it dont seem to do much else

Ive heard that this is a thing with them, is it true or what ?

should I sack it off and get the oil filled mobile radiator out the shed instead

Wise Owl

Disinterested Insouciant
Site Supporter
We got one of these, a 10 minute Blast when we get to work and the house we are working on is warm and Comfortable.

1610610731251.png

62tucker

Site Supporter
Account Locked
Thats the Boys mate, the one we got is Gas and electric, bit smaller but as Powerful, it dont half throw some heat out, think it was about 120 nicker.
Remember setting one up in back of transit when on a porch rendering job and had no bait cabin. Soon warned up. Was smaller that that.

Wise Owl

Disinterested Insouciant
Site Supporter
Remember setting one up in back of transit when on a porch rendering job and had no bait cabin. Soon warned up. Was smaller that that.
The Muck Savages doing the Drains used it to Dry their boots off with, took about 10 seconds a Boot :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

62tucker

Site Supporter
Account Locked
Yes :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: The ones that moan everythings Wrong and they cant get the Digger in properly ?
Remember we hit a seam of coal at blyth putting founds and main drains in. Got a digger in there ok. Van was full every night.