An I'm really glad to know you![:D][:D][:D][:D][:D]

You're certain to cheer up the dullest day.[8D]

P. S. you nothing better to do?[?][:D][:D][:D][:D]

Datafile2.asp

Steve
Born To Fish
Forced To Work

Beebs

Bluey - if you know what I have had to do for the last 3 days you would understand. I've got a laptop to my left flashing new software into phones and it takes about 5 minutes per phone and there's been 130 of them to do. IT IS MIND NUMBING!!!!!! Straight in front of me is my desk PC which I occasionally use to check what's happening on MD's during the day while I am still working - clever eh???

I think Newt is in the same position - if your in front of a computer all day every day, you build up a network of people who send you silly mails. The less 'fruity' stuff I post on here to try to amuse you lot, the stuff that can't be seen in public - well, I've people's private email addresses for that!!![;)][}:)]

Newt

'Lures Rule!!'
Yup. Pretty much what Beebs said. For instance, last night I had to do Firmware updates to a group of servers. (Firmware = software that is written to hardware {chips} so in true geek fashion, we call the stuff firmware 'cause it ain't really soft and it ain't quite hard).

1. Insert CD
2. Reboot server
3. Click on the button to start the update
4. Answer the stupid question "do you really want to do this". Well Doh - I put in the proper CD and rebooted to start the process. Of course I want to do it.
5. Wait 15 minutes for the process to finish. Surf for 14 of those minutes.

Newt Vail, Concord, NC. USA
Datafile3.asp

Bluey

19/08/02 - 25/08/10
In Memoriam
Still I must say I do like the one about the farmer and his donkey[:D]

I no longer work due to medical condition and most of my day is spent with this lttle fellow

Datafile4.asp

He sometimes drives me mad, he's very good at doing "SKIPPY" impersonations, by that I mean he sits upright on his hind quarters and "waves" his paws in front of him. [:I][:D][:D]

We get some strange looks from people when we go out I can tell you. (cus he does it outside as well!)[:0]

I can understand what you mean about being in front of computers all day as a few years ago I used to design the gas and oil separators as used on North Sea oil rigs, and after a full days work of about 10-12 hrs on the damm things you could still see the screen even after leaving work

Datafile2.asp

Steve
Born To Fish
Forced To Work

Beebs

Bluey - spot on about computers. I hardly ever switch my PC on at home. I get enough of them in work, so the last thing I want to do is sit in front of one again in the evening.

Plus, we moved into a new house the other week and it has 2 fish ponds, so guess where I am after work?????

Beautiful looking dog, though.

All this time in front of a PC, and I'm still hopeless with them!!!

Last edited:

Newt

'Lures Rule!!'
Apology - apparently a beer advert picture I posted upset someone. Mods removed it but I would like to say that I'm sorry I offended anyone on here. Oops.

Newt Vail, Concord, NC. USA
Datafile3.asp

mike s

Newt, Beebs.
I haven't been offended by anything & that includes the emailed stuff, you twisted individuals[:D]
PS Anything with sound doesn't work, as my soundcard has gone to silicon heaven[:(]

Cumbria Angling Centre

Beebs

quote:Originally posted by Newt

Apology - apparently a beer advert picture I posted upset someone. Mods removed it but I would like to say that I'm sorry I offended anyone on here. Oops.

It wasn't me, Newt.

Status
Not open for further replies.