HALLCROFT ( REED POOL )

Status
Not open for further replies.

splodger

Got a match at the above pool early February.
Has anyone got any information regarding methods,pegs,etc?
I know it's winter time and results are harder to achieve but any knowledge would be appreciated.

SPLODGER

gingert76

Facts, Stats & Evidence!
Site Supporter
if you buy the angling times or mail then just look at the results as they always have matches up there i think!!! apart from that i cant help!

keith

Gandhi
Site Supporter
not fished reed pool before but have fished moat in winter.it went well with popped up bread on a bomb.depth varied until you found fish.paste worked close in to win the match but bread got most bites.

Golfs a game for people who can't catch fish

splodger

Its like fort knox at hallcroft!
Reed pool matched up EVERY DAY so no chance of practising.
Its outrageous!!
One thing i have learned is that the policy of using Hallcrofts own pellets has been shelved due to the tackle shop burning down two weeks ago!

SPLODGER

MrC

Ive fished Reed twice before, once in a match and i was pegged near the pipes. (not a great peg) didnt catch much, but the other time i was pegged near the road in the 30's if think? anyway it was summer and fishing close in with Pellet/corn was the method.
The thing about hallcroft is that you have to work hard for the fish if they are not in your swim. Reed itself holds some large carp lots of doubles, but holds a good head of large roach rudd also i think, i would aim for these fish in Feb. Bloodworm is allowed on the venue so i would use it and aim for the silver fish. I think the lake has been stocked with a 1000 small carp quite recently, i know Bridge pool has and i think Reed has also. One think i have found on all of hallcroft lakes (tip.) that when you get the wistle, dont pile the feed in, especially if your fishing pellet or meat, if you do you will catch 1 or 2 and then nothing. best to build up your swim. Reed has an island and a few stumps, if you are pegged near them try the bomb with anything as bait and try and pick off a carp or two, but dont spend too long on this line if you are not getting results in the 1st hour. keep an eye on the guys around you and be prepared to change if they are catching and your not. Weather will be the deciding factor on the day, if its cold bloodworm should work.
As GT has mentioned buy the angling times, it shows results,pegs and bait of the winners.

Whats this about the tackle shop buring down? is the cafe still there.?
MrC. (Mal)

splodger

YEP Mal, the cafe is o.k.
Apparently the bait fridges blew up causing the fire!

SPLODGER

baz.thornton

Fished it in summer. Caught 15lbs of roach/rudd on pole fished with piece of plastic discordger as float no weight on line to an 18 hook. Took all fish on maggot, couldnt get the carp intrested so stuck at it and came third in match.
Look in AT and you might pick some tips up

carpking

ive fished hallcroft on two accasions it can be good or very hard.
ive found the best method pellet & paste .hallcrofts own bought pellets are very good , as for paste i use the shop bought stuff from van den hynde in strawberry flavour, did the trick for bagging around forty pound of stockies in four hours

kc

Status
Not open for further replies.