Hallcroft- Bridge Pool

Status
Not open for further replies.

Barberj84

Hi
Just wondered if anyone had fished the above recently? Have a match there at the weekend. Had a look at the website but didn't give any info regarding depths. Does anyone know approx how deep it is in the margins and also the average depth in open water so I can make up some rigs.
Also what baits/methods have been working recently
Ta

Bridge 34

I fish Hallcroft a bit and had a few hours on Bridge on Friday afternoon before getting soaked by the worst rain I have ever seen!!!

The lake drops quite quickly to around 6 feet deep and then gradually continues to deepen (although not by much) at around 7-8 meters out, then as far as i know remains constant across.

I would fish a line with your Top 4 sections of pole (will be about 6ft deep) and then another about 8 meters out.
If you can get hold of the Hallcroft feed pellets before your match soak them overnight and fish the softened pellets on the hook as well with corn or meat as other options.

If you cant get the feed pellets prior to your match, buy some and get them soaking as soon as you get there, it really can make the difference. The fish at Hallcroft have seen it all before, so you have to be clever.
Other than that go for Paste, Meat or Corn on the pole, but you dont have to fish far out.

You are looking to catch carp between 4-8lb+, but there is also a massive head of skimmers and some good Bream in there. You can build a good weight of bream before the carp start to show.

By the way, what pegs are on?

Last edited:

Barberj84

i dont actually know as of yet ill try finding out before my match and let you know.
Thanks for the advice. What size floats do you normally use?

Bridge 34

Lateley I have been using 4x14 KC Chimps in good conditions with 4x16 set up if the wind and tow pick up or I feel the lighter float isnt working right. Line is 0.15 but will switch to 0.17 if catching more carp than skimmers.

Barberj84

excelllent cheers for the info when i find out what pegs we have booked ill let you know

danb

How did you go on in your match as i have one there on saturday?
Cheers in advance Danny [:D]

Status
Not open for further replies.