Halkon-Hunt Amazing Customer Service

david07

Site Supporter
I have been using a set of Daiwa Tournament Gortex waterproofs made by Halkon Hunt for the last three or four years. I don't use an umbrella and these waterproofs have kept me absolutely bone-dry in even the worst of torrential downpours. A couple of weeks ago whilst fishing in the rain I got a little wet through the bib and brace. As I had recently washed them (using Graingers 2 in 1 as outlined in the Halkon Hunt video) I thought that I may have done something wrong so 'phoned Halkon-Hunt for some advice. After a very helpful conversation I was told that if I sent the bib and brace back they would test them for me to see if there was a problem and if there was that they would try and rectify it for me.

I sent the bib and brace back last Tuesday. Yesterday (Tuesday), one week later I received a 'phone call from Oliver Scotthorne who informed me that the material had delaminated and couldn't be repaired. He then went on to say that they would replace them with a new pair free of charge. Because the ones I sent back were no longer in production I was told that I could either have a pair of the newer model sent to me the next day or, if I required the bib and brace to match the jacket I have they would make me a bespoke pair but that there would be a short wait. I wasn't particularly fussed about an absolute match so Oliver said he would send the replacements by courier straight away. They arrived today.

To say that I have been blown away by the level of customer service I have received is an understatement. It has been absolutely amazing and I cannot thank Halkon Hunt (and oliver in particular) enough.

From time to time on this Forum people ask for advice on the best waterproofs and often the advice that is given is to "get Halkon Hunt". Often this is met with a question of whether they are worth the cost. In my opinion, the short answer is that they are worth every penny. They are well designed, totally waterproof, hard wearing and with customer service like this, why would you buy anything else.

Enough said!

David

Pilchy60

Cant say fairer than that and certainly gives you confidence to spend that sort of money Ive had a pair of B&B for a few years now, always washed/dried them as per their instructions, and so far no issues.
TBF heard nothing but good things about HH.

carphauler

Roachhauler
Happened to a mate, he had staff goretex, the trousers leaked at the groin after a couple of years, sent them back and they were replaced for no charge, awesome service.
I also had a query as to the hood on mine being what I thought was small compared to my previous Protak suit, emailed them and they emailed me back the exact measurements, it was fine, they then offered to make me another hood in a larger size if I wanted, can't fault them.

Ringe

Site Supporter
+1 - Sandra arranged for several new pieces to be incorporated into my now Frank N Stein pole jacket, after I somehow managed to get battery acid on it. Returned as good as new within a week for about £25 from memory.