Hairy Arsed Old Gits ?

John Step

Site Supporter
Take Your Pick with Michael Miles.
Radio Luxemburg
Dick Barton on the radio.......sorry wireless.

feldri

Site Supporter
Ah, Radio Luxemburg, many nights I fell asleep listening to that. Best station on the air at the time. That and Radio Caroline. :)

H T B

Site Supporter
Opportunity knocks
Black and white minstrel show
Love thy neighbour
Alf Garnett
Wheel of fortune
Wheel tappers and shunters

emmaemma

Site Supporter
Putting the shovel across the front of the fire and putting a newspaper over the opening to get a fierce draught to make the fire burn more quickly.
Roasting chestnuts on the back of the shovel.
Lighting the paraffin heater in winter.
Wearing mittens tied together through the sleeve of your coat so they don't get lost.
Walking in shoes with the nails coming up through the heel (I know, we were lucky we had shoes)
Delivering meat and groceries after school on a bike with a basket at the front.
Taking part in bob a job week.
Representing the church on walking day and getting a few pennies off neighbours as you walked past

ATTICUS FINCH

Andy Pandy ,the woodentops ,jackanory, the double deckers, Thunderbirds,Dr Finlay's casebook,
Softly softly, bill and Ben.
Starsky and hutch.

warrington63

Exiled Northerner
Site Supporter
Putting the shovel across the front of the fire and putting a newspaper over the opening to get a fierce draught to make the fire burn more quickly.
Roasting chestnuts on the back of the shovel.
Lighting the paraffin heater in winter.
Wearing mittens tied together through the sleeve of your coat so they don't get lost.
Walking in shoes with the nails coming up through the heel (I know, we were lucky we had shoes)
Delivering meat and groceries after school on a bike with a basket at the front.
Taking part in bob a job week.
Representing the church on walking day and getting a few pennies off neighbours as you walked past
You are lucky to had had nails as well.
Done all of what you put,
Thought yourself rich if some gave you a Florin or two bob bit or half a crown on walking day,
Seemed to get more when I went to the scouts with walking day and carried the flag, ( must have been the uniform)
Being in the clubs and becoming "senior sixer" and getting the leaping wolf badge for attaining so many badges to put on sleeve.

minkyandbear

Site Supporter
On a motoring theme;

General stuff
  1. Manual windscreen washers
  2. Floor mounted dip switches
  3. Manual chokes
  4. Manual advance/retard levers
  5. Winter and summer grade oils
  6. Grease nipples
  7. Lockable, retractable radio aerials
  8. Crossply tyres and inner tubes
  9. Antistatic trailing strips
Comfort "upgrades"
  1. Beaded seat covers
  2. Self adhesive rear window demisters
  3. Green vinyl sun strips
  4. 12" steering wheels
  5. Stick on rubbish bins
  6. Dashboard mounted 7" single record player
Performance mods
  1. Kenlow electric cooling fan
  2. Kenlow sump heaters
  3. Sparkrite ignition booster
  4. Peco exhausts
  5. Molyslip
Home mechanic "Bodgers toolkit"
  1. Isopon P38/40, chicken mesh, Duplicolour paint and underseal. The Sunday morning repair team of choice
  2. Holts pistonseal/ STP oil treatment. Perfect for MOT time, resale or trade-in time
  3. Gungum bandage and paste. The rotten exhausts best friend
  4. Barrs Fluid. Leaking radiator? No money/time to replace? A bottle of Barrs will get you home.
  5. Homemade screen wash. Water, meths and a squirt of Fairy Liquid
  6. Oiltyte crayon. No need to repair leaking gaskets/seals when you can rub them better with the Oiltyte
  7. Tobacco tin shims
  8. Red Hermatite. Mainly just for the smell
  9. And finally one for bikers, A spare chain split link on your leather jacket zipper

Barbelcatcher

Site Supporter
Jobs as a kid:

Sugar-beet singling;
Potato picking
Picking and upending sheafs of corn after being cut and roped by the baler. stacking the sheaf's together as a stook
Helping to load sheafs onto flat bedded carriage, pulled by grey fergie, and having to assist & push said load up a hill - there used to be about 6 of us pushing. (Looked at the hill some 10 years ago - and it was only a slight incline)
Cutting up Mangolds as feed in machines like this.
Stock Photo - . Carrots, mangold wurtzels and sugar beets. Carrots; Sugar beet; Mangel-wurzel. 58 CARROTS, MANGOLDS AND SUGAR BEETS.. AMES CUTTER. as they are more apt This machine is

How many do you remember Mr Banks

Birtleyheed

Thrupenny bits.
Valiant comic.
James Bond aston martin toy car ( wish I still had a spare boxed one in the loft; be worth a few quid now )
My mothers Mangle ( my local commercial has one for drying off your unhooking mat after it's been in the net dips - ah the memories )