Hair rigs??

Status
Not open for further replies.

mookie

mookie
Hi everyone -- Could anyone tell me the best way to store homemade hair riged hooklengths...

Cheers.....
l know the weathers s...te but keep smiling we will get out on the bank sometime this year.....

MOOK

esox.20

04/11/01 - 12/10/15
In Memoriam
I use a rig bin and have done for many years. I also use one for most of my pike traces to. john

chill out go fishing

MALC

Mookie a couple of things i use for storeing hooklengths are as follows:

For short hooklengths upto 6" long i use a couple of the small hook wallets from Daiwa with the clear plastic sleaves.

For heavy carp rigs i use a homemade rig board about 12" long made from 3mm plastic sheet with brocken map pins (to hold the loop)in one end and strips of foam spaced along the other end for the hooks.

Some times i'll also fix a few on the under side of my box lid (wooden) with map pins.

Hope that helps.

Malc

mookie

mookie
Many thanks for the advice lads, what l have done is found some plaztazote, its a type of hard foam l use for my other hobby..l have pinned each rig top and bottom and it fits in my Little Gem lid compartment...
Seems to have done the buisness ok l hope..

Cheers

Mook

Newt

'Lures Rule!!'
I have bought several cylinders designed for this. Maybe 8 inches long and 1.5 inch diameter and covered with the fuzzy part of velcro. A series of small plastic tabs to hold the hook. Little velcro hook pieces then to cover the loose end.

Work fine for hooklengths from 1ft (shortest I use) to 4ft (longest I use). They should do fine with anything long enough to wrap around a couple of times. I usually put 10 rigs on one of them but I am using large hooks. I think there are places for 15 or so.

Bass Pro Shops sell them. Not sure if there is a UK source.

Newt Vail

Status
Not open for further replies.