Hair Rigs

Status
Not open for further replies.

MALC

Come on then everybody how long a Hair Rig do you use and what makes you choose how long it is.

Laterly i've been playing with longer than normal Hair's which hold the bait around an inch away from the hook instead of just touching the hook.

I tie my own with either a Knotless Knot or tie a seperate hair with 1lb B/S line glue then sleeve.

The Hairs are used on all the following styles : Pole, Feeder, Waggler and Bagging Waggler.

Bear in mind i fish for match sized Carp to mid doubles, Tench and Bream.

Cheers in advance thumbsup.gif

Malc
Fish with Friends @ MaggotDrowning.com

angler-mark

Malc, If I'm pole fishing I use ready made ones by Middy, they do sizes 16/14/12/and 10s. If I'm using a rod for big fish then like you I use the knotless knot and tie them to suit whatever bait I'm using, for instance if I use sweetcorn then I keep them short and if I use meat for Barbel and Carp,I make them longer so that I have at least a half inch gap between the hook and bait. The reason I do it this way is that Barbel and Carp tend to suck baits up like a hoover and so my theory is that if there is nothing on or near the hook, the better chance you have got of hooking the fish.

Tight Lines

Mark

keith

Gandhi
Site Supporter
Malc,

I generally fish with no hair rigs on the pole rigs as i find the baits get moved easier by small fish.However on the feeder all are set up with a hair.If i want to change to a std set up then i just snip it off with scissors.

best to start with a hair and change if necessary.

Keith

Golfs a game for people who can't catch fish

Status
Not open for further replies.