Haggis

Trogg

the bouncer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Lovely grub
If you're up North of the border again look out for McSweens , good haggis and available in Weatherspoons too

MacSweens of E'bru, they ruined their name when they started making vegitarian haggis :(
Crombies is nice but can get a bit "claggy" when you eat to much ;)

Best Haggis i've ever had was from a wee butchers on Mussleburgh high street..... he makes them as you wait, none of that over stuffing with cheap porridge and peppers, none of that stupid plastic skin rubbish...... proper age old recipe made in the proper way....and even better when cooked in the true way as well.

Worst way i've ever seen a Haggis cooked ruined was by a gimp microwaving it ridiculous way to ruin one of the greatest meat dishes ever created:vomiton: :teeth:

BTMS

Site Supporter
Cook it add a wee dram over the top.mmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Trogg

the bouncer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Cook it add a wee dram over the top.mmmmmmmmmmmmmm

I normally add a wee dram to the water in the roasting dish...... i used to add some water to the Glenmorangie but since i quit drinking its the other way around now ;)

emmaemma

Site Supporter
best way to cook it is wrap it in bacon, cover with foil, put in the oven for 45 minutes, take off the foil, but the bacon on a plate, throw away the haggis and eat the bacon on toast with a little bown sauce.....(y)

Ruddles #

Stayed a couple o times in past in the stag pub in moffat great pub and haggis with your breakfast nice little town moffat

Yuccaman

I like fishing.
Staff member
Site Supporter
We found haggis pakoras when we were in Scotland in the summer. I felt duty bound to try them... they were...erm... interesting?