Had to copy n paste this

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trogg

the bouncer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Hi All this was originally posted by our mate newt on the AN forum.
What say you ??

note: I think this would pretty much apply to the UK as well as the US with a few very minor changes. Mostly substituting another national term for America.

After hearing that the state of Florida changed its opinion and let a Muslim woman have her picture on her driver's license with her face covered, one American had had enough. This is an editorial written by an American citizen, published in a Tampa newspaper. Did quite a job, didn't he?

IMMIGRANTS, NOT AMERICANS, MUST ADAPT

I am tired of this nation worrying about whether we are offending some individual or his culture. Since the terrorist attacks on Sept. 11, we have experienced a surge in patriotism by the majority of Americans. However, the dust from the attacks had barely settled when the "politically correct" crowd began complaining about the possibility that our patriotism was offending others.

I am not against immigration, nor do I hold a grudge against anyone who is seeking a better life by coming to America. Our population is almost entirely comprised of descendants of immigrants. However, there are a few things that those who have recently come to our country, and apparently some born here, need to understand.

This idea of America being a multicultural community has served only to dilute our sovereignty and our national identity. As Americans, we have our own culture, our own society, our own language and our own lifestyle. This culture has been developed over centuries of struggles, trials, and victories by millions of men and women who have sought freedom. We speak ENGLISH , not Spanish, Arabic, Chinese, Japanese, Russian, or any other language. Therefore, if you wish to become part of our society, learn the language!

"In God We Trust" is our national motto. This is not some Christian, right-wing, political slogan. We adopted this motto because Christian men and women, on Christian principles, founded this nation, a fact which is abundantly documented. It is certainly appropriate to display it on the walls of our schools. If God offends you, then I suggest you consider another part of the world as your new home, because God is part of our culture. If the Stars and Stripes offend you, or you don't like Uncle Sam, then you should seriously consider a move to another part of this planet.

We are happy with our culture and have no desire to change, and we really don't care how you did things where you came from. This is OUR COUNTRY , our land, and our lifestyle. Our First Amendment gives every citizen the right to express his opinion, and we will allow you every opportunity to do so. But once you're done complaining, whining, and griping about our flag, our pledge, our national motto, or our way of life, I highly encourage you to take advantage of one other great American freedom: THE RIGHT TO LEAVE.

My thoughts, i agree with the letter writter so i guess i'll be called a racist or similar now, it just pishes me off that people who have fought & survived wars, gone through hell & back during wartime, worked hard all their lives, remained patriotic & payed their dues to the succesive greedy goverments of this country are now told "sorry we haven't got enough money for your pensions, health service, to educate your children or to keep tax/prices down.

BUT we DO have enough money to give away to immigrants, clothe them, buy them houses, cars, mobile phones etc etc etc Oh & we've got enough money to travel first class around the world trying to be the sherriff of dodge,give ourselves 100% pay rises, pay the ridiculous amounts of expenses we claim, enjoy all the subsidised stuff in the houses of parliment, enjoy the free fuel & cars you supply us with & of course get paid while we jet all over the place having more holidays than you would ever be allowed & still get paid for it.

Of course what you must understand is the fact we do all this for you, the little people who put us here so we can tell you what you will & won't, can & can't do but please understand this is for your own good though, we wouldn't lie to you after all you might see through us & vote for someone else.

OOPS sorry all i got carried away again but thats what happens when i get talking about the twit,s sorry politicions who run our GREAT country (yes i don't care what europe says in my eyes Britain is & always will be GREAT Britian.)

Alan

Just cos i ain't postin, it don't mean i ain't watchin
Datafile.gif

Larry

Lazarus
Hi Trogg,
I agree with his sentiments entirely, & your as well&i'm not a rascist,my belief is everyone to there own. But don't try to force your their idea's /ideal's etc on me or anyone else.
There's to much today of someone somewhere trying to mould person's people into clone;s of themselve's,or what they think they ought to be.
Instead of getting on with what theyr'e doing &leaving me or other people to themselves,To do what they want without interference.

Anyone who stops learning is old.
Wether at 20 or 80.
Anyone who keeps learning stays young.
Cheer's Larry AKA as toma say's Shimano Man The Tackle Tart

darryl

i really don`t like doing this but i have to agree with trogg on this one.It is to easy to say that someone is a raciest if they dare to question the most corrupt government this country has ever seen over immigration or disagree with bambie`s dreams of becoming the first true president of europe no matter what it cost the people of britain.But in all honesty we have only our self to blame we voted ,we allow it and sit and moan but do nothing about it

you can not catch one sitting at home

MALC

100% agree with all above and suffer the effects on a daily basis every night when at work.

I work in a warehouse distributing food and non food stuff to a big supermarket chain and on nights there are 51 of us made up of the following :

26 English staff
12 Indian/African staff
13 Albanian staff

Now i've no problem with multi racial staffing BUT why is it that most of the non English staff cannot or will not speak in English.

What really gets my back up is if any of them do wrong they straight away throw discrimination and racism in the ring and then say they dont understand.

Speaking to a few of them you learn that they have come over here not to escape from persecution but because they know that once they are here the Government will bend over backwards to help them get settled and reward them with endless help and benefits that the normal English know nothing about and get no help in sorting.

Call me racist if you like but personally i dont think i'm half as racist as any of the Albanian/Indians that i work with.

And dont even start me on the Illegal immigrants debate.[:(][:(!][:(]

MALC
IT'S CATCHING ...BUT ARE YOU !!!

jonesr

Trogg, what an article.Do you think that it would have been published over here? I was out shoppping this A.M. and stopped in a line at the check-out. There was not a word of English being spoken! Even the girl on the till was talking to them in the lingo! Also a majority carry mobile phones. I understood they were to look for work with? How come the people they talk to understand the language?(Its never in English.)
Enough said otherwise We will be accused of being predudiced,because WE dont understand them! By the way the first phrase that is learnt is " ME NO UNDERSTAND!"
THIS IS ONE REASON WE ARE MOVING! [:(!]

Ron J [:(][:(][:(]

Age isn't everything!experience is!
I INTEND TO LIVE FOR EVER,SO FAR SO GOOD!

Last edited:

TINY

Tiny
This whole country has turned to c**p.I dont think that I have a problem with any colour or creed,but when we graft our nads off,just so we can be told there is no help for them that need it.Because it has to be paid elsewhere.....Sorry guys,this just winds me up.

Andy....Staffs Angling Supplies

Simon R

Site Supporter
I agree 100% with that Trogg but like Mal what really gets up my nose is the 'discrimination' issue.

In this country if you're an English white, non-disabled, heterosexual male you're discriminated against!!

I remember a few years ago when I worked for local council I was flicking through the agenda for the union's national conference (NALGO in them days). There were conferences for women, blacks, the disabled, lesbians and gays. Don't get me wrong - I'm not against any of them but I asked our union rep where the white male conference was - he looked at me as though I was a lunatic [:0]. Personally I thought it was a perfectly valid point.

I hated the Tories when they were in power but I'm sick and fed-up of the present mob constantly IGNORING public opinion on issues such as asylum seekers (and even the war with Iraq) (As an aside just how far up Bush's a**e can Blair get!)

Its no bloody wonder the far-right parties are winning seats on local councils up and down the country.

OK - rant over - time to go and sit in a darkened room for a while [:p]

Simon

haydn.borthwick

09/05/02 - 28/01/07
In Memoriam
Trogg mate I am 100% in agreement with you. My wife works for a gom. dept and sees job seakers. They turn up with an interpeter. As it is called `job seakers allowence` that they are trying to claim, how the hell can they go for an interview when they can not even speak the language.
1, Stop anyone entering the country (including dependants) unless they have a basic English.
2. Don`t allow any in that have crossed other countries to get her. If they are so scared for their lives in their country they should be happy in the FIRST country they reach.
3. Keep them locked up until it is proved wether they are genuine assilam seakers and not financial immigrants. Send them back.
4. Anyone found to have got into this country illegaly send straight back to their own country NO exceptions.
I hwas never racist but over the last few years I have started to feel that way. England has become the dustbin of the world. IF I ever won on the lotery I would be out of this country like a flash.
Sorrry if I have offended anyone but I feel strongly like Trogg on this matter.......Haydn

Take nothing but memories, leave nothing but footprints.

Lid

Well I agree with the article, apart from the God bit, which I feel may be a bit out-of-date for 21st century society. After all many of the wars in the world today are rooted in religious conflicts. Something we could well do without. I do hedge my bets by being an Agnostic, though. [;)]

If we go and settle in a muslim country and don't keep a to their ways, look what happens to us!

I am sure I can't be accused of being racist because a) it isn't discriminating against some-one if you can't actually understand them, and b) I am half english myself. In fact my father is Ceylonese (Sri Lankan) and his parents were brought up in Ceylon (Sri Lanka) under British rule. Indeed you could not have met a more 'english' gentleman than my Grandfather. [8D]

The only other concern I have, as reminded by the last paragraph of the article,we mustn't forget what our ancestors did to the original indigenous population of America ...... buts that's another story ... and it also happened here, albeit a few hundred years earlier.

Lid [:)]

Last edited:

martin.

Account Locked
hi
in early 80s i was shift electrical eng at McCains (chips) in whittlesea cambs, there was quite a few people of pakistan/western origin one in particular worked a box sealing m/c
well whenever he wanted an unofficial break he would jam the boxes well i got fed up one night & pinned him up against the mesh guards & told him in no uncertain terms what could happen if he was working on the m/c & i accidently bypassed saftey & switched it on .
Well he went to production shift manager & complained, the shift manager asked my opinion & at that time it was that all of them should be sent back so told him so.
he then went & reported me to personel for discrimination who gave me a verbal warning.
It wasnt my fault that the prod, shift manager originated from pakistan was it.
anyway i do not have the same views now i have improved them, some may say for worse some for better but i do aggree with the majority of your veiws

tight lines.
martin.
talk fishing flip football

jonesr

A follow up to my previous post on this subject.[:(][:(][:(]
Don't get me wrong,I live with Neighbours from India and Shri-Lanka.I have no problem with them.They work and are very friendly.
The ones I don't like are the layabouts in their designer gear!That hang around the town in little groups doing nothing. Then you here that some old dear's handbag has been snatched!

Ron J.

Age isn't everything!experience is!
I INTEND TO LIVE FOR EVER,SO FAR SO GOOD!

Geoff P

The MOGerator
Staff member
Site Supporter
I am not even going to bother to post my thoughts because I could stand the chance of prosecution.

But I would like to know how many of the "poor disfranchised assylum seekers/immigrants" are actually living within sight of any MPs. I suppose in a way Blunket is lucky he is blind cos he cannot see the mess bambi's a***lickers are making of the country.

Geoff

Clean Banks Campaign member

Lid

I've been thinking about this some more (wonders never cease [:D] ).

If an asylum seeker is truly threatened with death, torture or imprisonment at home then, as some-one else said, they would be satisfied with the first safe country that'll have them. They would also be satisfied with having to work to get any money and shelter.

So why in the hell to we make it so easy for them with free accommodation and handouts etc to anyone who gets themselves to this country? Now all and sundry target Britain in search of the easy touch.

At the end of the day, as well as the Government frittering away our taxes which we all work hard to pay, the true asylum seekers lose out, as they can't be distinguished from the hangers on.

Lid [:)]

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
I firmly agree also with the points made so far. Lid hit the nail on the head about seeking asylum in the first safe country they come to - how come they choose to walk straight through that one and the next until they get to good ol' blighty?
There has to be a reason and everyone can see that except those that are blinkered or those that choose not to.
The politically correct fraternity have done a hell of a lot of good for this country, pushing discrimination out of the society we lived in but I fear they are going to go one step too far and actually create a culture where everything will be undone through frustration and the feeling of alienation from those that will ultimately bear the brunt of the society we are becoming - the decent law abiding citizens of this country.

Just one thought that I feel needs raising is that the asylum seeker is typically young male, they are fleeing from a country of persecution fearing in many cases for their lives. Okay I can understand that but you have and will have our troops, our family's' sons and daughters travelling overseas en-mass to fight the regimes that the asylum seekers fear from, will many of them actually go to the nearest recruiting office and sign up to join those forces that are intent on freeing their homelands, their people and their families or not?
Personally I reckon the majority of them wouldn't give an iota about it - it's all a load tosh and we're caught up in the middle of it.

Ask me if I'm racist and the answer is no, ask me if I'm prejudiced and the answer is no, ask me if I'm sick of hearing about the way this country is being taken for a ride and being sold down the river and the answer is a definite yes!

I don't know how many of you read the Mail (not the angler's one) but last Thursday there was an article written by a chap who's main role in life was to arrange the deportation of failed asylum seekers back th their country of origin. He stated that no one he yet knows of has suffered in any way since being deported. The most famous one was a guy who made the headlines as being shot once returned back to Mugahbi's region. The outcry from the politically corrects was enormous, the crys of returning the seeker to his death, etc, etc - the same guy who was executed tried three months later to regain access into this country. Not bad for a dead man eh?

Dave

Last edited:

Trogg

the bouncer
Staff member
Site Supporter
erm yeah sorry bout that Dave, my sights weren't quite aligned [:D]

Alan

Just cos i ain't postin, it don't mean i ain't watchin

crusty

100% agree with all said.
lots of people are complaining, the right wing political partys are doing well in the north, and its no wonder.
you get so used to hearing "I never used to be racist..or I hope this dosn't sound racist but..."

an Asian friend of mine has taken his daughter out of the junior school she was in because he wanted her to go to a mixed race school!!
He was born here and wants his children to integrate.
Many don't.
(incidently it's the same junior school I went to. then there were two Asians in the class)

As for racism, it's become a stick with which to be beat with.
up to last year I worked for a very big company who employ a lot of
Asians and believe me they could make your life hell if they wanted.
And you darnt say boo.
Managers fell over themselves when the race card was pulled.
A verbal warning for calling someone by a shortened version of the country they came from?????
We had a taff, two paddys, a jock and an Aussie WHO NEVER COMPLAINED

This is our country and belongs to the English
We have a culture,....for better or worse,...but it is how the English are.
We need to help out people less fortunate than ourselves....but we need to stop being so soft and stop people taking the ****

crusty

P.S. as for East-Europeans catching and eating our carp...'ang um

Newt

'Lures Rule!!'
It was the first day of school (in US) and a new student, Suzuki, the son of a Japanese businessman, entered the fourth grade.

The teacher said, "Let's begin by reviewing some American history. Who said 'Give me Liberty, or give me death?'" She saw a sea of blank faces, except for that of Suzuki, who had his hand up. "Patrick Henry, 1775."

"Very good! Who said, "Government of the people, by the people, for the people shall not perish from the earth'"? Again, no response except from Suzuki: "Abraham Lincoln, 1863."

The teacher snapped at the class, "Class, you should be ashamed. Suzuki, who is new to our country, knows more
about its history than you do."

She heard a loud whisper: "F---ing Japanese." "Who said that?" she demanded.

Suzuki put his hand up. "Lee Iacocca, 1982,"

At that point, a student in the back sighed, "I'm gonna puke!" The teacher glares and asks "All right! Now who said that?"

Again, Suzuki says "George Bush to Japanese Prime Minister, 1991." Now furious, another student yells, "Oh yeah! Suck this!"

Suzuki jumps out of his chair waving his hand and shouts to the teacher, "Bill Clinton, to Monica Lewinsky, 1997."

Newt Vail

Status
Not open for further replies.