H.R.H The Qeen Mother has died

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

Press release from Buckingham Palace today The Queen Mother has passed away.
Toma

Ziptrev

05/10/01 - 18/10/02
In Memoriam
On the 10th of June 1988, The Colonel in Chief of the 9th/12th Lancers took her last Official Regimental Parade at Carver Barracks , Wimbish, Nr Saffron Walden, Essex
After the parade,in which my oldest son was a serving Trooper, held on an old airfield, in the most appaling rainfall conditions!,This Great Lady, herself 88 years old and standing in the back of a Land Rover, covered only by a tarpaulin, made a bee-line to another lady on crutches.

This was my Mother, recently having had a hip operation, but determined to see her Grandson on this final official review.

They chatted for some 10 minutes , like old friends and my wife of the time did the 1 useful thing I remember in 21 years of marriage!
She took a photograph of the highest quality that has forever since held pride of place in my parents household.

Whilst not a rabid Royalist Ma'am, I will always remember the joy you brought my mother, your interest,kindness and the Graciousness and famed 'Common Touch ' that you displayed.
The world is a poorer place for your departure and there is sadness in many houses like ours, in many lands tonight.

R.I.P.

Trevor Manning

Edited by - Ziptrev on 30 March 2002 11:29:41 PM

Geoff P

The MOGerator
Staff member
Site Supporter
There was I on March 30th, having a wonderful day, finally meeting up with people who were only names on a computer screen. It wasn't until I arrived at my mates house in Swansea I realised that there was a world outside an "Izaak Walton Fish In".

Tragic news, but at 101 who can complain. I do believe the loss of a daughter helped towards her demise.

She is one Royal I think earnt the title.

RIP Ma'am

thumbsup.gif Geoff
RSSG member - are you?

Del-J

' Victor '
I think we could do a lot worse than have our royal family, its all the sponging hangers on that get my goat.
The Queen Mum though was a real royal and a great lady. I think each and every one of us will be saddened by her passing.
I think Trev and Geoff have summed it up perfectly.

R.I.P. Mam,

DEREK.

Peter

'Mugger'
Staff member
Site Supporter
God Bless Ma'am .Rest in Peace.

martin.

Account Locked
REST IN PEACE H.R.H. QUEEN ELIZABETH THE QUEEN MOTHER.
(the nations grandmother)
GOD BLESS HER.
martin.

pjroberts31

R.I.P Ma'am

Geoff I agree that she deserved her title

Martin I think you will find that she was regarded as the grandmother of the world

PJR31.... wave.gif

G

What a send off for a Gracious Lady,
1 million people {estimated}paying respect in total silence.
R.I.P Ma'am.

Andy

martin.

Account Locked
she deserverd the best respect & got it what else can anyone say

tight lines.
martin.

Del-J

' Victor '
A great sendoff for a great lady IMHO.
while watching the local news programme last night I could not believe my ears when I heard one prat they interviewed describe it as " The best show I've ever seen". If he had left it at that I might have thought not a very good chioce of words but I know what you mean. However he followed his words with a stupid laugh. For heavens sake he was talking about someones funeral not a punch and judy show.
One other thing I am quite neautral in my feelings with regard to the royal familey and Prince Charles has never been my favorite royal[Princess Anne] but my heart has gone out to him this last ten days. It's a long time since I have seen anybody so grief stricken as him How he got through yesterday I shall never know.

DJ.gif
Be lucky,
Del.

Status
Not open for further replies.