Guru QM1 hooks

Bingo

Are these strictly for method feeder fishing or are there suitable for pole rigs.thanks

Markywhizz

Clueless member
Site Supporter
I’m no expert when it comes to pole rigs but I always use QM1s on them. Even ready tied rigs get the hook changed for a QM1.

Tinca Steve

Irregular member.
Site Supporter
I use them laid on with meat. Also Preston PR1's which are very similar and cheaper.

rufcuk

I use them for everything - I know they say there is specific hooks for specific types of fishing but I ain’t ever had a problem - as above Preston do same pattern but cheaper

Peezartiste

Great hooks with good holding power. Only problem I have is unhooking them, my fat fingers can't seem to get a hold of them.

johng19

me@home.com
I must be the only person that don't get on with these hooks, tried them twice now. Sorry just don't like them. I have just mist bits on these hooks that any other.

trotter2

A few years ago people started recommending them for grayling fishing trotting, the story went they prevented grayling slipping the hook.
Well I tried them, and it was indeed true grayling did not get off the hook when firmly set. But getting them on the hook first was a big problem.

chefster

Shedster!!
Site Supporter
Quite funny really I mentioned on here a few years back that I thought they were brilliant for the pellet wag, and I got basically called an idiot and told they were only for method feeder/ bolt rig style ??

Kirtons

Site Supporter
Quite funny really I mentioned on here a few years back that I thought they were brilliant for the pellet wag, and I got basically called an idiot and told they were only for method feeder/ bolt rig style ??

Was just going to say the same thing gazza...brilliant on pellet wag ??

Paul22

If it works for you pal ?
The only thing I’ve been told is only use them with an hair and no bait directly on the hook.......