Guru pole?

spooky1966

Site Supporter
It is a fabulous pole,but when I spoke with Adam Rooney I wasn't inspired with confidence,as he just kept telling me how far the Japanese car industry is so far behind and the limited amount of poles on release day,,then its monthly delivery's of carbon,so I just went the safe option and bought a z9 and z8.
I was the same, this pole has had the release date put back so much I bought a PT and although I haven’t held the guru one I’m more than happy with what I have. I think because it’s been so long coming people may be put off buying one as no confidence in replacement sections and I’m guessing because it’s not compatible with the diawa nothing else will fit

richox12

They reckon this pole is that good that not one of the guru lads have broken a section while field testing it. If that's true and the pole stays true to its final design brief then that is going to be some pole.
It wouldn't be unusual one way or the other though

Fishfinderuk

Site Supporter
I was the same, this pole has had the release date put back so much I bought a PT and although I haven’t held the guru one I’m more than happy with what I have. I think because it’s been so long coming people may be put off buying one as no confidence in replacement sections and I’m guessing because it’s not compatible with the diawa nothing else will fit
I did try the pt,really nice pole,but it was going to take up to much of my budget for what I needed so opted for z9,z8 and a few extra kits.

Fishfinderuk

Site Supporter
The z9_2 was very good 👍
I did actually manage to get out last Monday with Kristian Jones for a day at partridge lakes.very happy with the pole,not the lightest but feels reassuringly strong,I've not used the z8 3 yet,but from trying it out in the garden it feels very similar to the z9 3.

robert d

Allways trying to improve
Site Supporter
I did actually manage to get out last Monday with Kristian Jones for a day at partridge lakes.very happy with the pole,not the lightest but feels reassuringly strong,I've not used the z8 3 yet,but from trying it out in the garden it feels very similar to the z9 3.
They are strong poles ,i did find the z9_2 well balanced ,a little heavy compared to my sphere but i think the z9_2 is more suited to lumps than the sphere , yet to catch anything over 7 or 8lb on sphere lol. The Z8_3 will be a little stronger again i should imagine , im sure my friend has the Z_83 and said it was nice to fish with although he had now stopped fishing as hes lost interest and is looking after his father full time .

Fishfinderuk

Site Supporter
They are strong poles ,i did find the z9_2 well balanced ,a little heavy compared to my sphere but i think the z9_2 is more suited to lumps than the sphere , yet to catch anything over 7 or 8lb on sphere lol. The Z8_3 will be a little stronger again i should imagine , im sure my friend has the Z_83 and said it was nice to fish with although he had now stopped fishing as hes lost interest and is looking after his father full time .
I feel for him,I know exactly what its like,but family first.

Fishfinderuk

Site Supporter
AT just dropped a link to roadshow filming with the new 700 & 900. Looks like the embargo is off so expect some more YouTube videos in the coming days
I can't deny, thay are fantastic poles,but there going to be in very limited supply.

spooky1966

Site Supporter
I’ve had them up to 15 lb on mine Robert and it coped with them no problem 👌

robert d

Allways trying to improve
Site Supporter
I’ve had them up to 15 lb on mine Robert and it coped with them no problem 👌
Wow ,thank you for that , been a bit nervous using mine with big fish , ive got the power partner but wind blew my 5th section off my pole sock arm onto a rock and put a little hole in it , going to repair it myself .

spooky1966

Site Supporter
Wow ,thank you for that , been a bit nervous using mine with big fish , ive got the power partner but wind blew my 5th section off my pole sock arm onto a rock and put a little hole in it , going to repair it myself .
Sensible elastic and it coped no problems, and i never even thought i was in any danger. It does seem very strong but the lakes i fish are not snag pits so I may think twice margin in a corner for big doubles 🤔

Fishfinderuk

Site Supporter
Sensible elastic and it coped no problems, and i never even thought i was in any danger. It does seem very strong but the lakes i fish are not snag pits so I may think twice margin in a corner for big doubles 🤔
I watched Chris telling doing a review on YouTube.fishing long down the edge,0.18 straight through and 13 preston dura slip.He was catching carp 5-8lb and the pole looked fantastic.

chris1967

Really Really
Site Supporter
just watched the latest launch on youtube ,kinda made me chuckle how they were saying it's a modern way of selling the packages so the angler can tailor it to suit his needs.
download.jpg

gingert76

Cebu, Philippines
not seen the videos but to be fair they have a point as i chose all puller kits for my last pole, not sure what they are offering but good marketing, even if it gets you another 5% of purchases thats still a lot of gravy!

Keith Sparky

Site Supporter
I think all the major manufacturers should always offer a pole only option if existing top kits fit. I think most of us if we have owned a brand for a while have enough top kits to last a lifetime but may want to upgrade the main pole sections

Maesknoll

Chris
Staff member
Site Supporter
I think all the major manufacturers should always offer a pole only option if existing top kits fit. I think most of us if we have owned a brand for a while have enough top kits to last a lifetime but may want to upgrade the main pole sections

Most do if you ask. I have a Browning pole and I bought a 13m pole only so I have spare sections if I ever need them.

spooky1966

Site Supporter
Bit of a update Robert just came second in the Monday open at float fish farm with 128lb my third net had 5 fish for 46lb including a baby of 2-3 lb and a mental ghostie of about 12 and the sphere copes no problem 👍