Guru NGauge Feeder Rods

Fishfinderuk

I'm guessing they're a rebadged Daiwa N'Zon S range with orange paint and a steeper price. Not listed on Guru site yet so cant see the proper specs.
Nah.i had a wiggle of both rods today.guru has more backbone,which I bought,nzon is nice with a through action from tip right to butt.

Peter

'Mugger'
Staff member
Site Supporter
Not wanting them to fail, but it is fairly well known that the rods are built on Daiwa made blanks so there is a good chance that there is a rod in the Daiwa range built on the same blank so only common sense to look at Daiwa rods also

Sorry but although Daiwa manufacture the rods for Guru they are not on existing Daiwa blanks but ones that built to Guru's own specifications and are exclusive to them.

Calo0288

Sorry but although Daiwa manufacture the rods for Guru they are not on existing Daiwa blanks but ones that built to Guru's own specifications and are exclusive to them.

Aventus rods are made by Daiwa. Not sure about the N-Gauge ones? At least not being advertised like that by Guru, unless I missed it.

Peter

'Mugger'
Staff member
Site Supporter
Aventus rods are made by Daiwa. Not sure about the N-Gauge ones? At least not being advertised like that by Guru, unless I missed it.

Correct, my mistake as it was the Aventus rods I was referring to. I suspect that the N-Gauge rods are sourced from elsewhere, probably Far East.

Zerkalo

Site Supporter
10ft arrived today. Impressed with it from a waggle in the garden, nice and light, slim blank. Now have to wait probably until it gets colder again before I use it on some commercials.

chefster

Shedster!!
Site Supporter
10ft arrived today. Impressed with it from a waggle in the garden, nice and light, slim blank. Now have to wait probably until it gets colder again before I use it on some commercials.
Feeder is much better in the summer,Than winter, why won’t you fish it ??and use the new rod

Zerkalo

Site Supporter
They're still doing bookings only on the place I'd fish it chucking to an island so I might book on and try it there, and probably just being daft but fish are in margins and up in the water at the places I fish in summer? Not saying feeder wouldn't work but I prefer winter on the two venues I'd use it on.

Zerkalo

Site Supporter
I fish cage feeder with groundbait, micro pellets, and pinkies with maggot on the hook at Furnace Mill and Bells Mill in winter. :)

rd115

плак-плак
Site Supporter
Trip to Barston? Can catch on the bottom all year round there, i'll be trying allsorts tomorrow, bomb and pellet, method, cage, bomb and PVA bag.

Zerkalo

Site Supporter
Trip to Barston? Can catch on the bottom all year round there, i'll be trying allsorts tomorrow, bomb and pellet, method, cage, bomb and PVA bag.

Yeah I'll take you up on that. It's funny I used to live that way and have never fished it so you'll have to fill me in with what works, do you need a long cast? Big fish? At the places I fish the feeder in winter sometimes I'm only casting 12 meters so if you do have to cast further it will be a good test for the rod. :)

Fishfinderuk

Yeah I'll take you up on that. It's funny I used to live that way and have never fished it so you'll have to fill me in with what works, do you need a long cast? Big fish? At the places I fish the feeder in winter sometimes I'm only casting 12 meters so if you do have to cast further it will be a good test for the rod. :)
Dont worry about its casting capabilities, it will not let you down,I've only used my 11ft n-gauge once so far and it's a nice rod with power in reserve, I'm sure your 10ft will not be much difference.

rd115

плак-плак
Site Supporter

Place is stuffed to bursting with fish, not just loads of carp but skimmers too, some big i think? Carp to 38lb but i think the likelihood of hooking one of those on match gear a bit slim.

Nearly everyone uses Cell pellets and wafters due to the bivvy divvies chucking it in a kilo at a time.

Massive cast isn't absolutely necessary, but if you're not catching it can pay to chuck a bit further to find the fish, especially in winter.

Zerkalo

Site Supporter
I think it sounds like it might be the first time I have to use a method or pellet feeder opposed to a cage feeder? Wafters are new to me too but hopefully shouldn't take too much figuring out. Just let me know when you wanna go. :)

rd115

плак-плак
Site Supporter
Some people use cage feeders there too, infact that be more handy because easier to clip on a bait up feeder instead of having 2 rods on the go.

I'm there tomorrow morning taking me dad, if you're not busy with work? I'm off all this week so making the most of it, was meant to be barbelling today but coiuldn't bring myself to lug all my kit for a blank.

I'll probably go Barston Saturday as well.

I'm off up Matchman Supplies this afternoon so will have plenty of Cell micros and method mix if you need to nick some :LOL:

Zerkalo

Site Supporter
If you're there Saturday I might pop down. :) I've got a job tomorrow which gets in the way of a Barbel session I'd planned with my dad, but Saturday I'm free so I'll let you know tomorrow.

GGJD69

Sorry to Hijack your post but I am going to use the method feeder at a lake near me for the first time. My problem is the micro pellets and when to add the particle syrup for extra binding. Do you put it in the water the pellets are soaking in or add it afterwards when they have absorbed the water??

Fishfinderuk

Sorry to Hijack your post but I am going to use the method feeder at a lake near me for the first time. My problem is the micro pellets and when to add the particle syrup for extra binding. Do you put it in the water the pellets are soaking in or add it afterwards when they have absorbed the water??
Hi mate.
I add it to the water but theres no rite or wrong way of doing it.
If you do your pellets rite,you won't need to add anything. If still having problems horlics is a good binder.

Zerkalo

Site Supporter

I'm a bit late to reply and not much help anyway as I don't fish the method myself.

I used this 10ft rod for the first time Bream fishing. Could not cast that far with it but had a decent bag of Bream on it and it feels like a nice rod, a soft through action on the thin blank that was good at absorbing lunges. Think it will be spot on for what I bought it for, close range commercial fishing in Winter.