Guru NGauge Feeder Rods

Zerkalo

Site Supporter
Anyone bought one of these? I want a 10ft one for when I start feeder fishing commercials again next Winter. They seem to have sold out quick? Does anyone know if they are likely to come back in stock?

rd115

плак-плак
Site Supporter
I dont think there has been any stock yet, only just released recently I think.

Zerkalo

Site Supporter
Ah that's good then, as I will be buying later in the year anyway. Cheers.

DevonDangler

Site Supporter
Not been released yet, think they were due in shops the same week as lockdown started. Something to look forward to when restrictions are lifted ?

carlh

Site Supporter
Yip should have been released on the week we went into lockdown coz I’ve one reserved

Zerkalo

Site Supporter
:ROFLMAO: The price is a reasonable £130 for a ten foot rod, that was one of the selling points for me. :p

rd115

плак-плак
Site Supporter
I'm guessing they're a rebadged Daiwa N'Zon S range with orange paint and a steeper price. Not listed on Guru site yet so cant see the proper specs.

nejohn

Site Supporter
:ROFLMAO: The price is a reasonable £130 for a ten foot rod, that was one of the selling points for me. :p
Before spending the cash I would try it along side a 10' yank n bank and a 10' N zon S , I wouldn't be surprised if it didn't feel exactly the same as one of them and saving £40 into the bargain.....unless of course you just like orange

Zerkalo

Site Supporter
There's food for thought definitely. Maybe I will have changed my mind by the time I come to buy it which will probably be August ready for the winter.

The Ngauge has a casting weight of 50g at 10 foot compared to the Daiwas 40g.

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
@Peter and I did have a good look at them and a waggle at Stoneleigh and they did look and feel good, plus a very slim blank

nejohn

Site Supporter
There's food for thought definitely. Maybe I will have changed my mind by the time I come to buy it which will probably be August ready for the winter.

The Ngauge has a casting weight of 50g at 10 foot compared to the Daiwas 40g.
I wouldn't worry to much about casting weight, it's a bit like line rating should only be treated as a guide, both rods could have an ideal casting weight of 45 grams, Daiwa round down, guru round up....use it as a guide and then give them a good waggle with a line through the rings that will give you a better idea

Peter

'Mugger'
Staff member
Site Supporter
There's one with my name on in a warehouse somewhere. :upthumb:

Zerkalo

Site Supporter
Only things I have by Guru so far are feeders, feeder box, disgorger, catapult, landing nets and a bucket on the way. All quality.

rd115

плак-плак
Site Supporter
Think i just have QM1 hooks/lengths, hooklength box and pellet cones.

nejohn

Site Supporter
It's almost some want guru to fail. :)
Not wanting them to fail, but it is fairly well known that the rods are built on Daiwa made blanks so there is a good chance that there is a rod in the Daiwa range built on the same blank so only common sense to look at Daiwa rods also