Guru N-Gage line.

Rick123

Site Supporter
This is another Guru product I've been impressed with over the past season. I've used it as a main line and hook-link. In 9lb 7lb and 5lb its been faultless for me. So much so I now have brought some for my river fishing in 5lb 4lb for reel line again. It has enough stretch, but not too much that using it for long trotting would be a problem striking. It's clear and fine for its diameter. I can use it as 4lb main line for trotting an accurate .13 Drennan float fish at that rating is 2.6 at .14. I know many will say but it breaks higher, but I like accuracy now days. I can use 5lb on the waggler .15 again pre-stretched (but you can feel it move when doing a simple hand to hand pull,) it does stretch enough. I know its not designed as a reel line, but I see a few others doing it now..After the problems I and others had with the Dave Harrell line, I'm happy to have found a well priced reliable line I can trust, and is readlily available. Cost around a fiver for 100 meters, I like to urge anyone to give it a try as a reel line as i have. Its great on the pole too obviously!

tipitinmick

Site Supporter
This is another Guru product I've been impressed with over the past season. I've used it as a main line and hook-link. In 9lb 7lb and 5lb its been faultless for me. So much so I now have brought some for my river fishing in 5lb 4lb for reel line again. It has enough stretch, but not too much that using it for long trotting would be a problem striking. It's clear and fine for its diameter. I can use it as 4lb main line for trotting an accurate .13 Drennan float fish at that rating is 2.6 at .14. I know many will say but it breaks higher, but I like accuracy now days. I can use 5lb on the waggler .15 again pre-stretched (but you can feel it move when doing a simple hand to hand pull,) it does stretch enough. I know its not designed as a reel line, but I see a few others doing it now..After the problems I and others had with the Dave Harrell line, I'm happy to have found a well priced reliable line I can trust, and is readlily available. Cost around a fiver for 100 meters, I like to urge anyone to give it a try as a reel line as i have. Its great on the pole too obviously!
Brilliant stuff isn’t it mate. I can’t recommend it enough. I’m with you on this one Rick 👍

Markywhizz

Clueless member
Site Supporter
Me too. I’ve never really considered using it as a mainline but I would think for waggler fishing it would be brilliant. As I mostly fish the feeder I like maxima with an n-gage hooklength. I think maxima has the abrasion resistance I like and it’s ridiculously strong.

Fishfinderuk

Site Supporter
I love my silstar line,but I have used the guru line and its excellent. If I was ever going to swap ,it would be guru,as I'm also in the process of swapping over to guru hooks.the kaizen are fantastic hooks.

Rick123

Site Supporter
The point with the line is the diameter for the breaking strain. You can use 4lb for trotting rather than say 2.6lb or 5lb on the waggler rather than 3.6lb of another brand? This to me is a real bonus if i hook a bigger fish, that can happen when I'm on the Trent. A big Bream, barbel, carp I may not land them all, but I have a better chance. Also it clear, not green or brown.

bluemack

Site Supporter
I,ve recently gone on to this line(as a main line) and up to now been very impressed with it,i,ve been using reflo up until now
but i reckon the N gauge is considerably better AND a little cheaper.(y)

OII Jazz IIO

After trying all kinds of lines for my hooklengths over the last 3 years I have settled on N-Gauge. It's the one that does what I want it to and it's the one I have the most confidence in. It's good stuff. I just wish the clip in the spool would actually retain the line when you are storing it so I don't have to use tape or an elastic band to stop it unravelling but I don't think I have found any clip on any spool of any brand that does. I don't know why they bother even putting one on there :ROFLMAO:

Rick123

Site Supporter
After trying all kinds of lines for my hooklengths over the last 3 years I have settled on N-Gauge. It's the one that does what I want it to and it's the one I have the most confidence in. It's good stuff. I just wish the clip in the spool would actually retain the line when you are storing it so I don't have to use tape or an elastic band to stop it unravelling but I don't think I have found any clip on any spool of any brand that does. I don't know why they bother even putting one on there :ROFLMAO:

It works for me, it must be a Welsh thing?:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: Agree, try it for a reel line you will love it really.

trotter2

I hear good reports on this line all the time. Will have to give it a try.
Can anyone explain why they prefer it to say reflo.

grey

Site Supporter
Haven't thought of using this line Rick, sounds perfect!

Thinking back, I used to use Super Shinobi for exactly the same reason - that was also a co-polymer line.

grey

Site Supporter
I hear good reports on this line all the time. Will have to give it a try.
Can anyone explain why they prefer it to say reflo.
I don't know if it's better than Reflo until I try it, but suspect it is.

The main difference between the two is Reflo is just a good quality reliable mono - as such it has quite a lot of stretch (despite what it says on the lable)

N-Guage is thinner and softer for the strength, so it should mend well. Also less stretch which is common in co-polymers so helps on a long trot. Think it might be heavier, so might need a little extra help to make sit on the water (squirt of turboboost - what do you use?), but other than that definitely worth a go. If it acts anything like Super Shinobi, the I'm in!

Pilchy60

Been using N Gage for about 5yrs now as rig line for pole and all my hook lengths as well......no complaints very consistent ...