Guru method feeder hook lengths review

lliopp

Site Supporter
Think about how you store your packets, don’t just leave open on your side tray on a sunny day, uv is not line friendly. How old are the packets. How hot is your tackle storage area or the shop you bought them from. Think of your packets as snowflakes and your issues may melt away.

Bulldog

Site Supporter
Opened new packet of these yesterday same as Chervils 3 times the line snapped on the hair losing the band went through 4 hooklenghts only normally need one

geofflukins

I’ve been using the QM1s banded 4” for a couple of years and never had one snap yet. I tried the Drennan ones the other week and lost 3 fish. Went back to the QM1s and never lost another fish. Great hooks and bands.

ukzero1

Growing old disgracefully.
Site Supporter
That's why I tie all my own, I was sick of buying duff ones.

nico12

Grebe Grabber
I use / have a few variants for method / feeder / wag and all have been excellent. Don't tend to lose many on the venue I fish so the cost of making my own is hardly worth it. Wouldnt swap away from these.

Gudgeongob

I'm also having problems with Guru 4" hook lengths as they're snapping 2" from the hook. I've gone back to tying my own now mainly with Tubertini hooks.

Ken the Pacman

Site Supporter
Drennan have just launched a hook plate system this month which is a bit late to the party but typical Drennan they look spot on together with a box or a soft bag system to contain them, very neat and mounted with slight tension to keep them straight.

SeanB

Site Supporter
Apologies if this is a stupid question but what is a hook plate?

JLK

Drennan have just launched a hook plate system this month which is a bit late to the party but typical Drennan they look spot on together with a box or a soft bag system to contain them, very neat and mounted with slight tension to keep them straight.
Do you know what line they are using on these plates Ken?

Ken the Pacman

Site Supporter
Supplex in various diameters I would think although I have not seen it mentioned anywhere yet.

Zeader

Site Supporter
Hi all, my first post on here, I too bought QM1 feeder hooklengths, 5 out of 6 failed at loop end, contacted Guru sales, returned remaining hooklengths free post and was sent 2 new spools. Yet to use so can't comment on them yet..

John Step

Site Supporter
Judging by most of the replies you use hooks and line lighter than i do. This last year I have always plumbed for the Guru 4 inch to 10s and 12 lb bs. Not had a problem at all. As well as lumps I have had smaller carp and f1s which are not put off by the hook size.
Am I being a bit brutal do you think?