Guru Fusion Pole Holdall

Paul Cresswell

Site Supporter
Had this a few weeks after retiring my brilliant Garbolino G-max hold-all (zips finally went) and thought I’d give my view:

- this is a well made and thought out piece of kit
- the outside looks great and has a finish which looks easy to clean, may be water resistant (untested yet!) and is semi padded
- there are no outside pockets which means good for loading on the trolley and putting in the car
- there are 2 zipped inside pockets, you access them both from the top end. A short one and a longer one c5 foot.
- it’s fully zipped so you can open it flat on the floor and they are quality sturdy zips
- think it’s 1.95m long
- it’s described as 6 plus tubes. I carry the following in mine and I think it would be a stretch to put much more in (nobody wants the zips stretching every time you close it):
3 standard tubes one side with my pole, extension and margin pole
Other side has a Drennan tip tube (wider than a normal tube) 2 f1 top kits in a slim tube, my landing net handle (not tubed)
Small internal pocket 3 dolly buts, large internal pocket spare landing net handle and feeder arm
With all this it closes well, again not sure I’d want to try much more, certainly not another full size tube.
- nice handle and strap although would say the way I fill mine it balances forward slightly when using the handle (my old holdall was the same)
- nice small handle at the bottom to make putting it in the car easier.

I am very pleased with it, the right size for me, was £90 from Bristol Angling (delivered next day at no cost). I have seen someone with the larger 12 tube version, similar but huge!

VIKINGFISHER

Had this a few weeks after retiring my brilliant Garbolino G-max hold-all (zips finally went) and thought I’d give my view:

- the outside looks great and has a finish which looks easy to clean, may be water resistant (untested yet!) and is semi padded
- there are no outside pockets which means good for loading on the trolley and putting in the car
- there are 2 zipped inside pockets, you access them both from the top end. A short one and a longer one c5 foot.
- it’s fully zipped so you can open it flat on the floor and they are quality sturdy zips
- think it’s 1.95m long
- it’s described as 6 plus tubes. I carry the following in mine and I think it would be a stretch to put much more in (nobody wants the zips stretching every time you close it):
Other side has a Drennan tip tube (wider than a normal tube) 2 f1 top kits in a slim tube, my landing net handle (not tubed)
Small internal pocket 3 dolly buts, large internal pocket spare landing net handle and feeder arm
With all this it closes well, again not sure I’d want to try much more, certainly not another full size tube.
- nice handle and strap although would say the way I fill mine it balances forward slightly when using the handle (my old holdall was the same)

I am very pleased with it, the right size for me, was £90 from Bristol Angling (delivered next day at no cost). I have seen someone with the larger 12 tube version, similar but huge!
Any further thoughts now you have had it a bit longer?

Martin25664

I have both the six and ten tube versions. The six tube will take six fine as long as you don't have too much in the internal pockets. It does roll up a little different as the tubes arrange themselves around whatever is in the middle and you end up with a very round holdall tightly packed. Fine if you don't want to carry too much but it was a little too tight for me so I bought the larger model.
The larger ten tube version doesn't get packed so tight as I only use eight tubes in it, however it does look a little saggy as a result. The thing I can confirm is that neither is waterproof as I have had to empty them out of water which fills up inside when it rains.

Paul Cresswell

Site Supporter
Any further thoughts now you have had it a bit longer?
Still using it as I described, still meets my needs perfectly, no issues or downsides. I fish once a week, usually during the week and hard to believe but it hasn’t had a proper wetting yet, so waterproofing still not tested!

Only problem is I’m building up to upgrading to a Browning Z16 (from a much loved Z8), not sure it will fit in the guru - doh!

Corn Master

Still using it as I described, still meets my needs perfectly, no issues or downsides. I fish once a week, usually during the week and hard to believe but it hasn’t had a proper wetting yet, so waterproofing still not tested!

Only problem is I’m building up to upgrading to a Browning Z16 (from a much loved Z8), not sure it will fit in the guru - doh!
Why

Dan s

Got the same problem I have a browning Z12 and need a bag 205cm,
Absolutely gutted as look good piece of kit. Come on guru do a longer version

frankg

- think it’s 1.95m long

I've had mine a few months now Paul....same as you...it's a good holdall.

Kirtons

Site Supporter
Just bought one the other week i loathe tackle tarts but I look like one now😂had A sensas London previous and I’d no intention of changing but I kept getting fed up of it getting soaking wet and muddy so I wanted a waterproof one, had heart set on the supera but side by side this felt better built/thought out.

Pole-Fisher-90

I’ve had mine a week and must say been impressed In the quality and thinking behind it plus it’s waterproof and wipe clean bonus! I also got the carryall, net bag and ready rod bag .. tart 😂

dave brittain 1

I've got the Guru Fusion net bag, (good for 3 nets and a landing net not the 4 advertised), the base carry all and the ready rod holdall which is superb.

All are excellent quality and easy wipe. They will let water in through the zips as do most holdalls however in general I'm very pleased with them having used them for 8 months or so.

johnfranks

If you need a pole holdall for a Z12 or 16 have a look at the Sensas jumbo holdall. They do a 210cm version for their XL poles. Fits a treat and same material as the guru one. Looks like a carbon finish and wipe clean. I use the one pocket version as I only carry my pole in it but they do a 2 pocket version as well.

Paul.P

Browning do do a Zitan holdall especially for there z range of poles.
Just looked in this years Browning catalogue & it appears they have stopped making the advanced holdall, such a shame, I thought it was brilliant, so much so, I was gonna buy one for my tricast pole !

Paul Cresswell

Site Supporter
I changed pole in November and got a Signature pro 800 at a steal from Angling Direct (£1,400), so still using the guru holdall and now in one side have the x case, 3 tubes the other, plus dolly butts and landing net handle in the middle bits. If it’s raining I recommend laying it zipped with the zips facing the floor and it’s pretty much waterproof.