Guru Feeder Boxes

Zerkalo

Site Supporter
Anyone tried these? Thoughts?

Does it come with the spool and hooklength inserts or do you have to buy those seperately?

PAB

Site Supporter
Rip off nothing that you cannot buy from B&Q for 1/2 that price look on Amazon and get 4 plus a storage unit for them Amazon product

Zerkalo

Site Supporter
Ha I was thinking that. They're a bit tackle tarty and expensive, especially if you have to buy all the inserts like this separately.

However, I must say I'm still tempted!

Zerkalo

Site Supporter
Just mentioned it to my dad as a birthday pressie coming up in March. :ROFLMAO: (y)

PAB

Site Supporter
Ha I was thinking that. They're a bit tackle tarty and expensive, especially if you have to buy all the inserts like this separately.

However, I must say I'm still tempted!
save your money for bait and have a look in B&Q first it is just a box inside a box that will go inside a box to protect a bits of plastic and lead you are going to chuck up a tree or bounce on the bottom of a river.

Zerkalo

Site Supporter
It wasn't long ago I bought a Greys Klip Lok box either and I thought the same when it arrived, it's just a box I could have bought from a DIY shop. The Klip Lok will do me for my river fishing but this Guru box holds hooklengths too... so... bit of a dilemma.

chefster

Shedster!!
Site Supporter
Anyone tried these? Thoughts?

Does it come with the spool and hooklength inserts or do you have to buy those seperately?
Mate, if you do a serious amount of feeder fishing, of course they’re worth the money!! You get some hook spools with them and 1 Hooklength tray for 4inch Hooklengths... If you want one, just get it, don’t be put off by the misers on here, saying “buy a tool box from b&q ...yes maybe they’re “tartish ” but so what, they are tailored for feeder fishing, not storing nuts,bolts,and screws

Zerkalo

Site Supporter
I agree @chefster this looks like a nice bit of kit. This will be my feeder box for stillwater fishing where I take my seatbox.

Already have the Klip Lok box which fits inside my Korum Ruckbag for rivers. Leaving me just to buy this and a Korum Maxi Rig Store box for my Barbel hooklengths,

Silverfisher

Site Supporter
Got a fair few feeders there hasn't he! Doubt I ever have more than a dozen feeders and a couple dozen floats at any one time.

chefster

Shedster!!
Site Supporter
I agree @chefster this looks like a nice bit of kit. This will be my feeder box for stillwater fishing where I take my seatbox.

Already have the Klip Lok box which fits inside my Korum Ruckbag for rivers. Leaving me just to buy this and a Korum Maxi Rig Store box for my Barbel hooklengths,
Quite honestly mate , if I want to buy something that I think will help be more organised and hopefully go towards helping put a few extra fish on the bank, by being a bit more prepared and organised, I just buy it !! The last thing I’d do is seek people’s approval, least of all on this site 😁😉

spark1

Don't bother mate, ice cream tubs will do, why bother buying anything designed for fishing, its not worth it. Broom handle with line will do etc etc then you can be a miserable sod and then the richest man in the grave yard if you can afford it.

chefster

Shedster!!
Site Supporter
Don't bother mate, ice cream tubs will do, why bother buying anything designed for fishing, its not worth it. Broom handle with line will do etc etc then you can be a miserable sod and then the richest man in the grave yard if you can afford it.
Love it Tony 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Paul.P

Not normally one for buying things like this, but after examination I actually could see it would make me more organised, & its actually been very well thought out, being able to buy different partitions, so I bought one !

spark1

Love it Tony 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣
Gaz, what's the point in having an hobby that you enjoy and want the most from it and be comfortable and organised on the bank if your to tight and scared to spend your money on it, what's the point in working hard (obviously not everyone can afford certain stuff) but the people asking the questions normally can otherwise they wouldn't ask (y) :D

Zerkalo

Site Supporter
One problem I can envisage is not having room for it on a sidetray, so when fishing out in the water and not from the bank, you would have to leave it lying up the bank anyway rather than just having bits and bobs you need in your seatbox and the rest in an icecream/sandwich box anyway.

TrickyD

Site Supporter
Even cheaper ones on eBay

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
Do you need to get another box for your method feeders, and one for your X-Safes, and can you also put Preston feeders in one :D ?

spark1

One problem I can envisage is not having room for it on a sidetray, so when fishing out in the water and not from the bank, you would have to leave it lying up the bank anyway rather than just having bits and bobs you need in your seatbox and the rest in an icecream/sandwich box anyway.

Bigger side tray then