Guru Aventus Rods - are they worth it?

Dicky Bird

Site Supporter
In the market for an 11ft waggler rod to go with my 10ft tri cast excellence, 12ft acolyte ultra and 12ft cadence cr10 #2. I fancy a different manufacturer to the ones I already have so was looking at the matrix horizon pro 11ft waggler or possibly an acolyte 11ft carp waggler (I know I already have an acolyte but I like it so much I would be happy to have another, plus I can hopefully source one locally when the shops re-open).

Then my eye was caught by the guru aventus waggler. I've no doubt it's a brilliant rod but at more than double the price of the matrix and drennan rods, it makes me wonder just how good it is compared to those other two. Does anyone have one and care to share their views on it? I've no problem with spending the money, providing I believe it's reasonable value for the cost. My fishing is mixed small still waters, with everything from small silvers to double figure carp, so an all-rounder is what I'm looking for.

Fishfinderuk

I've heard that the preston innovations supera range of feeder rods are excellent,might be worth also having a look at the waggler rod.

Reginald

Also look for Free Spirit Hi S waggler or power waggler rods, if you want to spend more money. Even somewhat cheaper then Aventus.

Peter

'Mugger'
Staff member
Site Supporter
Have a look at this thread. A few of us were there on the day and had the opportunity to try the 11ft Aventus waggler. The photo's should give you an idea of the rods action playing match size carp (3-5lbs) I have to say that I was impressed with the rod.

Mike atkinson

Site Supporter
I have the 11ft feeder rod, handle was to long, for an 11ft rod, but a quick trip to my local rod builder, soon sorted that, bought 2nd hand off here, I think it owes me £240, after the handle was shortened, , it’s an awesome rod, I’ve chucked a cage feeder 76mtrs, with double worm trailing behind, caught bream, roach and skimmers on it,, and worth every penny ive paid for it👍👍👍

Fishfinderuk

I have the 11ft feeder rod, handle was to long, for an 11ft rod, but a quick trip to my local rod builder, soon sorted that, bought 2nd hand off here, I think it owes me £240, after the handle was shortened, , it’s an awesome rod, I’ve chucked a cage feeder 76mtrs, with double worm trailing behind, caught bream, roach and skimmers on it,, and worth every penny ive paid for it👍👍👍
I think its a 11ft waggler rod hes after,not a feeder rod.

robert d

Allways trying to improve
Site Supporter
In the market for an 11ft waggler rod to go with my 10ft tri cast excellence, 12ft acolyte ultra and 12ft cadence cr10 #2. I fancy a different manufacturer to the ones I already have so was looking at the matrix horizon pro 11ft waggler or possibly an acolyte 11ft carp waggler (I know I already have an acolyte but I like it so much I would be happy to have another, plus I can hopefully source one locally when the shops re-open).

Then my eye was caught by the guru aventus waggler. I've no doubt it's a brilliant rod but at more than double the price of the matrix and drennan rods, it makes me wonder just how good it is compared to those other two. Does anyone have one and care to share their views on it? I've no problem with spending the money, providing I believe it's reasonable value for the cost. My fishing is mixed small still waters, with everything from small silvers to double figure carp, so an all-rounder is what I'm looking for.
Im sure its a superb rod from reviews, its like everything if you like it have it 👍 😀

dave brittain 1

Site Supporter
Mid week I had a play with a friends Daiwa Airity X45 11ft Pellet Waggler rod. If I was going to buy a new rod, this would be it. I may very well treat myself to a pair of them next year if Mrs B will let me :rolleyes:

trotter2

I don't know anything about that rod . But I will highly recommended the acolyte 11ft carp it's a great rod imo.

robert d

Allways trying to improve
Site Supporter
Mid week I had a play with a friends Daiwa Airity X45 11ft Pellet Waggler rod. If I was going to buy a new rod, this would be it. I may very well treat myself to a pair of them next year if Mrs B will let me :rolleyes:
12ft £320 total fishing tackle...£300 10ft

Dicky Bird

Site Supporter
thanks for the replies. Not sure at this stage if I can justify the expense of the aventus, but the free spirit hi s might be a possibility. I think an 11ft waggler rod would hit the sweet spot for me and probably be my go-to rod, which is why I don't mind spending good money for a high quality one-rod-to-rule-them-all. If lockdown ever ends, I'll see if I can find a shop or two with stock for a closer look. If the aventus feels the business, I might bite the bullet.

Simon R

Site Supporter
I've the 12' Acolyte carp waggler rod and I've been really impressed with it.
Lots of power when needed but a fast enough action to use it as a silvers rod - it's generally first out of the holdall.

Simon