Guinness

Simon R

Site Supporter
Drink little else but Guinness in Ireland - as can be seen on the photo below (Bannons in Cootehill) - but rarely back home.

1641514153108.jpeg

I'm not a big fan of drinking in the house and neither of the local pubs serve it on draught,
There are a couple of bars in town that serve a half decent pint but rarely go down town on a night anymore.

Talking of Ireland though I think it was a couple of years before this photo was taken when we were drinking in Connolly's on our last night - Dave asked the guy behind the bar why so many of the locals were drinking the bottled Guinness - "cos it's stronger " he said.

Dave decided to buy a 12 bottle crate to fetch home.
Noticing that Dave was a little unsteady on his feet the barman asked if he'd like to come over and pick it up in the morning - "naw I'll be fine" says Dave

You can see what's coming can't you?

Leaving the pub Dave picks his crate up opens the front door, trips over the step and the whole crate flies into the air and falls with a crash into the gutter - not a single bottle survived :p :p

Simon

Swim Jim

Formerly: jjpendurocomp
Site Supporter
Drink little else but Guinness in Ireland - as can be seen on the photo below (Bannons in Cootehill) - but rarely back home.

1641514153108.jpeg

I'm not a big fan of drinking in the house and neither of the local pubs serve it on draught,
There are a couple of bars in town that serve a half decent pint but rarely go down town on a night anymore.

Talking of Ireland though I think it was a couple of years before this photo was taken when we were drinking in Connolly's on our last night - Dave asked the guy behind the bar why so many of the locals were drinking the bottled Guinness - "cos it's stronger " he said.

Dave decided to buy a 12 bottle crate to fetch home.
Noticing that Dave was a little unsteady on his feet the barman asked if he'd like to come over and pick it up in the morning - "naw I'll be fine" says Dave

You can see what's coming can't you?

Leaving the pub Dave picks his crate up opens the front door, trips over the step and the whole crate flies into the air and falls with a crash into the gutter - not a single bottle survived :p :p

Simon
I don’t know wether to put a laugh hysterically imogi or crying. No got to be :roflmao:

Silverfisher

Site Supporter
Had couple pints of Guinness down the pub tonight (after an indifferent IPA to start with) whilst sat in the sun so good start to the weekend 👍

Dave Spence

MD virtual champion 2020. Golden Pie winner 2018.
Site Supporter
I don’t mind Guinness but, and I know @kevin o connor will call me a heathen, if you want a great stout you have to come over here (Cork) and have a pint of Murphy’s…Gorgeous.