GU Canal Grafton Regis

Status
Not open for further replies.

keith

Gandhi
Site Supporter
Has anyone fished this stretch of canal.What depths areas to target and baits etc needed.

MALC

Hi Keith fancy meeting you here.
I should be down there Tues or Wed next week and i'll let you know whats what.

MALC

keith

Gandhi
Site Supporter
Malc.I looked at the canal around Milton Keynes on Friday and it was clear although this rain should help colour it up a bit.What do you reckon.If its clear small bits and if coloured skimmers.
Keith[D]

MALC

Keith,
Could not make it there in the end as Gemma has been ill again but i will get there before the day and will let you know what happens

Malc

keith

Gandhi
Site Supporter
Malc,
Have you been yet.I may get time during the week but do not know exactly where the stretch is.From what i can make out it is nowhere near flore but closer to Yardley gobion is this the right stretch.
Keith

MALC

Keith if you go through Yardley Gobion to Grafton Regis on the A508 from MK.
When you get to Grafton you want to turn right down the side of a pub ( unsure
of its name), when you get to canal bridge best pegs are tp the left around the first bend (i've been told).

I'm down there in the morning (saturday) from work for a few hours so will post full details when i get back as regards how it goes and the name of the pub.

Still don't know how many will be there but i know Scott will be as well as yourself unsure if the 20 or so that was wanted will be there though, but we will see on the day.

Should be fun anyway.
Till tomorrow
MALC

keith

Gandhi
Site Supporter
Malc,I think Kevin is going but hes in cornwall at the moment.whiteacres again fishing the prestons festival.I mentioned it to a friend at work and he is interested although does not have the internet on his pc at home,uses the one at work.If numbers are short he says he will come along.

MALC

Well Keith just got back from Grafton and now i'm trying to remember why i stopped fishing there

Started at 8.45 this morning (after work) and finished at 1.30 this afternoon and from the first put in it was almost a fish a chuck. Ended up with 8-8-0.

Had Roach/Perch/Skimmers/Gudgeon & Rudd. Best fish were a Perch & Skimmer about 12oz each. Loads of Gudgeon and Roach.

Caught on 3mtr whip and also up and down far shelf at about 11mtr.

Big maggot/pinkie & squatt were best with the bonus perch falling to worm and the skimmer on pellet.

Will E-Mail you full details tomorrow evenning as i'm going to bed for a couple of hours now cause i'm back in work again tonight at 8 and its a winter league match tomorrow (so no sleep again).

Regards your mate turning up can't see why not.

As i say full details tomorrow

MALC

Status
Not open for further replies.