Grumpy tackle shop owner.

dubdog

Went to my local tackle shop today. Shocked by his attitude. Been speeding my money in there for at least ten years. Looks like I will be spending my money else where from now on. Can't be dealing with Mr grumpy ******.

Wise Owl

Account Locked
Does my head in when they are Grumpy Mate, especially the ones who get more Grumpy when they have had Beer and they wonder why they got Nagging wives ;);)

Silverfisher

Site Supporter
Luckily the staff in both my local ones are good lads and in most others I've been to tbf but have come across the odd grumpy git and they don't tend to get my custom unless I really need something.

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
He can't have been bad for 10 years otherwise you'd have stopped going a long time ago - just saying ;)

Maybe he was having an off day or had some bad news, it does happen and people can't be nice and pleasant all of the time

Zerkalo

Site Supporter
You could think working in a tackle shop means you get to go fishing a lot and get the mental refreshment it gives.

Not always the case from shops I've been into, they're working all the time, trade sometimes looking difficult too.

Pompous git

Site Supporter
It is unrealistic to expect anyone to be in a good mood all the time, forget about it.

mickthestick

Hod job
Site Supporter
If his Baits good and his prices reasonable , let it go if on the other hand you're like me give him some stick

Blanks

Site Supporter
If you can't be pleasant to your customers, don't complain when you haven't got any.

Wise Owl

Account Locked
I hate Miserable people if they aint happy dont make everyone else Miserable.

rudd

Site Supporter
Maybe he though here comes that grumpy customer ????

Fred Davis

A mate of mine loved his fishing so much that he retired early from the post office and opened his own tackle shop, now luckily it has been quite successful in that he is still trading to this day. But he has lost his enthusiasm to fish when your are doing it six days a week for a living hearing all the info from other anglers as they come in to buy and chat, the love of the sport soon drains from you and come sundays you just can't wait to get away from it all, so he tells me and I can well believe it ;-)

Lcn

A mate of mine loved his fishing so much that he retired early from the post office and opened his own tackle shop, now luckily it has been quite successful in that he is still trading to this day. But he has lost his enthusiasm to fish when your are doing it six days a week for a living hearing all the info from other anglers as they come in to buy and chat, the love of the sport soon drains from you and come sundays you just can't wait to get away from it all, so he tells me and I can well believe it ;-)
He’s not wrong . I used to fly falcons and hawks and ended up getting a job doing pest control with them and my mates who flew birds used to tell me I was a lucky **** for getting well paid for doing my hobby but once the novelty has worn off it starts to become a chore . They were only doing a bit of fitness training after work and then going out hunting on a Sunday and were always enthusiastic but I was doing it all day mon-fri and if one of the falcons buggered off I’d have to go and track it down no matter how far it had gone or how long it took and come weekend I didn’t want to spend my days off doing what I did for the rest of the week