groundbait

Status
Not open for further replies.

timber

built for comfort
can you help please.going to ireland in sept (leitrim)can you reccomend any groundbait additives that work cheers.

big dave

gingert76

Facts, Stats & Evidence!
Site Supporter
Not sure about addatives but plain brown crumb and lots of it! you could try a sensas addative in the water or molasses? and just a couple of bags of groundbait!

keith

Gandhi
Site Supporter
Try to fish groundbaits that have a low or no salt content.Do not know why but have found fish shied away from salty gbs.put plenty of particles into the feed and as ginger has said take plenty of plain crumb with you and give it to them big style.
Always ask around before fishing and remember try to speak to people in there last days of fishing.Everyone wants to catch fish but those who are catching do not want you turning up on there prebaited pegs before them in the morning so they can throw you off track.If they are staying in one area then chances are they are catching.

Keith

Golfs a game for people who can't catch fish

fishing_mad

try brown crumb with a strawberry additive, where abouts you going in ireland

[:)]Fishing Mad[:)]

Simon R

Site Supporter
Dave

Here's some more threads you might find interesting - loads of Irish info on both of them

http://www.maggotdrowning.com/forums/threads/1279

http://www.maggotdrowning.com/forums/threads/1656

and this is the link to my Ireland trip last year

http://www.maggotdrowning.com/forums/threads/1838
http://www.maggotdrowning.com/forums/threads/1850

I've e-mailed you back with some more information

Tight Lines

Simon

Last edited:

martin.

Account Locked
4 ingrediants that i wouldnt go without is
5 lts liquid molasses about
10 k wheat
20 k brown crumb
bream 3000 or similar (1 bag per day)

tight lines.
martin.
talk fishing flip football

jonesr

Martin, Do you have to take tackle as well in the LORRY you must have!![8D][8D][8D]

Ron J.

Age isn't everything!experience is!
I INTEND TO LIVE FOR EVER,SO FAR SO GOOD!

martin.

Account Locked
yes i do manage my tackle if you think thats bad you should see me when i just go for a w/e to a fishin ask any one who went to semmer or trent last year i use an 8ft long 5ft wide trailer

tight lines.
martin.
talk fishing flip football

MrC

50/50 brown crumb and Silly bait "fish meal" works a treat for bream bashing on lakes upto 12 ft. make the groundbait fluffy, so it explodes form the feeder.
Big Bream love fishy smells. sweet smells such as brasem works well also.
When you pre-bait use VDE micro Pellets "fish meal" instead of casters in groundbait its cheaper and just as effective.Mal.

Last edited:

Steve M

Site Supporter
Last September myself & two mates had a very successful week on the feeder (mostly) on Lough Derg, using plain brown crumb,plenty of trout pellets and Vitalin. This is a dry cereal based dog food with loads of particles.It soaks up loads of water(we found it best to pre soak it for about 5 mins before mixing it into your crumb.) It was marvelous stuff. It stiffened the mix up, it can carry more particles if required,it has a high food content to keep the fish, it makes it easier to catapult at distance and its cheap. A great big sack, approx 20kgs, from an animal feed merchant, was about 8 quid. (we took it with us) The three of us are back in Ireland in the Autumn and we will definitely be taking a few sacks of Vitalin. Its great for the Bream.
Hope this helps.
Steve M
PS Dont buy the mix with added gravy. Just the regular plain ceral Vitalin.

Status
Not open for further replies.