Groundbait

cuzza

Just mix it drier to breakdown quicker and a bit wetter to hold together - most carp groundbaits have a lot of pellet that goes sticky if you get it too wet.

I use 1:3 water to ground bait (by volume) for putting on a method and balling in, if it’s going in the margins as well, I just pot it without making a ball, - would be a bit drier, maybe 1:4 for a cage/open end feeder. I use mostly Sonubaits stuff either Method mix or F1 and regardless of the combination it mixes up the same with those proportions. Make sure you let it stand for a while so it absorbs the water then riddle it or rub between your hands if you don’t have a riddle.

Ratcliffe546

What’s the best match carp groundbait to use for a fast breakdown in the warmer months ?
Just mix it drier to breakdown quicker and a bit wetter to hold together - most carp groundbaits have a lot of pellet that goes sticky if you get it too wet.

I use 1:3 water to ground bait (by volume) for putting on a method and balling in, if it’s going in the margins as well, I just pot it without making a ball, - would be a bit drier, maybe 1:4 for a cage/open end feeder. I use mostly Sonubaits stuff either Method mix or F1 and regardless of the combination it mixes up the same with those proportions. Make sure you let it stand for a while so it absorbs the water then riddle it or rub between your hands if you don’t have a riddle.
Thanks a lot mate, I’ll give it a go.👏👏

Nasha

Sonubaits match method + thatchers.
I also use a fair bit of Special G Gold from Bait Tech.

Reginald

In my water the shallow areas are 4 m, other places of interest maybe 8 m or more. What is your favourite mix for deep water and the method or open end feeder, so that most of the stuff will not fall of the feeder, until it hits the deck? On YouTube I have seen 50:50 mix and TigerFish from Sonubaits recommended by someone. Any further ideas for such deep water? Or have I to use pellet feeders and press the pellets really hard in, just to be sure all the stuff gets down for sure?