Groundbait question

Silverfisher

Site Supporter
Just because it’s cold you can still catch , they’ll feed at some point, just have to keep plugging away and be patient..At tunnel, you can pick up fish on and off dobbing around the peg, keep feeding a maggot line, and they’ll come on late in the session
Oh yeah can definitely catch 👍🏻 Just isn’t exactly odds on is it (unless they stock grayling, trout and chub 😉) and don’t know about you but scratching for bites when it’s Baltic isn’t my idea of fun 🥶

tipitinmick

Site Supporter
^^:)......Wake up Mun!....She's after ya Parkin and Ginger cake!......:devilish:;):ROFLMAO:
You’ve just burst my bubble. 😫😫

Hey, shouldn’t we be keeping an eye out for Peter ? I don’t fancy that big red button again. He’s only just let me off the naughty step. 😳🙄🤣🤣

Total

Site Supporter
You’ve just burst my bubble. 😫😫

Hey, shouldn’t we be keeping an eye out for Peter ? I don’t fancy that big red button again. He’s only just let me off the naughty step. 😳🙄🤣🤣
Our Peter's on the naughty step as we speak mate....Been breaking his own advice!:oops::whistle::D

Total

Site Supporter
Lockdown. It’s getting to him mate. I’ll make him some cake when we’re out of lockdown. That’ll sort him out. 👍🤣🤣
^^:giggle:.....Bless him, our Peter tried to flog me a copy of the Alice In Wonderland characters, then he did a Dave and lost the file! :oops::p:ROFLMAO:

Stewie74

Site Supporter
Had a decent day in the end, wasn’t quite as cold as forecast first thing, no overnight frost. Temp was 2 C in the car en route. Arrived at 830, fished 930-1400.Originally planned 930-1430 but it started to get bitterly cold at about 1300.

Had 7 carp ranging from 2lb to 6lb, some on meat over Groundbait, some on expanders over micros. All on the pole, at top 2+2 and around 12m. Lost a couple as well. Far better day than I’d expected.

Just as I started packing up it started spotting with rain, then turned into a full-on snow blizzard, in the 20 mins it took me to pack up and get back to the car there was about 2 inches of snow. Not quite the way I planned it!!!

Thanks to all for the advice last night 👍

Stewie

chefster

Shedster!!
Site Supporter
Had a decent day in the end, wasn’t quite as cold as forecast first thing, no overnight frost. Temp was 2 C in the car en route. Arrived at 830, fished 930-1400.Originally planned 930-1430 but it started to get bitterly cold at about 1300.

Had 7 carp ranging from 2lb to 6lb, some on meat over Groundbait, some on expanders over micros. All on the pole, at top 2+2 and around 12m. Lost a couple as well. Far better day than I’d expected.

Just as I started packing up it started spotting with rain, then turned into a full-on snow blizzard, in the 20 mins it took me to pack up and get back to the car there was about 2 inches of snow. Not quite the way I planned it!!!

Thanks to all for the advice last night 👍

Stewie
Well done mate sounds like a really good day 👍👍👍and your brave for venturing out

Stewie74

Site Supporter
Well done mate sounds like a really good day 👍👍👍and your brave for venturing out
I enjoyed it, better than sitting round the house anyway.

Actually felt quite warm this morning til about noon, I did have about 5 layers on though😂😂

chefster

Shedster!!
Site Supporter
I enjoyed it, better than sitting round the house anyway.

Actually felt quite warm this morning til about noon, I did have about 5 layers on though😂😂
Fair play to you mate 👍I’m shielding, so shouldn’t really go, but I haven’t got anywhere locally to go anyway 🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️

chefster

Shedster!!
Site Supporter
Don't fancy freezing your bits off on the reservoir or canal then? Can't say I blame you I'd struggle to think of many more bleak places to fish in this weather 😅
Probably frozen .and I’m not ice breaking to pleasure fish 🥶🥶🥶

Silverfisher

Site Supporter
Probably frozen .and I’m not ice breaking to pleasure fish 🥶🥶🥶
Should think it's rubbish in the cold as its shallow but if it ever warms up a bit I reckon fernhill would be fair game for you, can't be more than about 5 miles.

chefster

Shedster!!
Site Supporter
Should think it's rubbish in the cold as its shallow but if it ever warms up a bit I reckon fernhill would be fair game for you, can't be more than about 5 miles.
Yeah it probably is about that , about 10 years ago we were spoiled for choice locally, now we seem to have nothing other than a few empty holes in the ground 🤷‍♂️Thanks to our foreign friends

Silverfisher

Site Supporter
Yeah it probably is about that , about 10 years ago we were spoiled for choice locally, now we seem to have nothing other than a few empty holes in the ground 🤷‍♂️
Yeah bit short of decent stillwaters (big carp aside) around here aren't we as more and more are going syndicate or just becoming run down with those left uninspiring in one way or another. Especially up your way as most the decent lakes and obviously the river are southern half of the county. Even where I am it's a case of heading south to just about everywhere, just nowhere near as far as for you obviously!

I liked the fishing at fernhill and the lakes themselves were nice apart from the funny colour water and being bit too shallow but the surroundings of the farm are very scruffy and noisy and it's quite expensive for what it is. Whether I fish it again this year depends on what else I find really.

chefster

Shedster!!
Site Supporter
Yeah bit short of decent stillwaters (big carp aside) around here aren't we as more and more are going syndicate or just becoming run down with those left uninspiring in one way or another. Especially up your way as most the decent lakes and obviously the river are southern half of the county. Even where I am it's a case of heading south to just about everywhere.

I liked the fishing at fernhill and the lakes themselves were nice apart from the funny colour water and being bit too shallow but the surroundings of the farm are very scruffy and noisy and it's quite expensive for what it is. Whether I fish it again this year depends on what else I find really.
We used to have Slinket, Spitall, nell bridge, college farm, bridge pool, Drayton golf course, to name a few all within 2 miles ...Clattercote is closed at the moment, but I’m not keen on it in winter 🤷‍♂️

Silverfisher

Site Supporter
We used to have Slinket, Spitall, nell bridge, college farm, bridge pool, Drayton golf course, to name a few all within 2 miles ...Clattercote is closed at the moment, but I’m not keen on it in winter 🤷‍♂️
It's part of the reason I've gone to almost exclusively rivers in I guess about the last maybe 6 years or so as there's only a few stillwaters left that are both still easily accessible and still value for money fishing and experience wise. Still the river fishing is as good as ever so I'm happy enough being here as only the closed season is a challenge for me and even then I just tend to go to the coast to mix it up from the just a few lakes.

matt

Site Supporter
Nice one Stewie, sounds like you had a good day and fair play for braving the elements today! :upthumb: