Groundbait mixes

Status
Not open for further replies.

shinkicker

I was wondering instead of keep buying the shop brought brands of groundbait. Does anyone make there own mixes up i.e use brown crumb and add etc to it. I dont mean use crumb and add secret or expo to it, i mean your own flavourings a mate and myself were wondering if we could put our own together to save some cash.

bream dream

up the Villa.
yes mate,i buy my brown crumb and fishmeal in bulk,then depending on what i'm going for i'll add pellet powder/pellets etc.

Last edited:

batman

Originally posted by bream dream

yes mate,i buy my brown crumb and fishmeal in bulk,

my next move[:T]
alredy buying pellets in bulk ive noticed how much ground bait actually costs[:0]

cess monkey

See if you can get a copy of "archie braddocks magic book of bait flavours" it will give you loads of ideas for recipies.

shinkicker

where can you get your fishmeal from ? i will check out that archie braddock book too thanks for the tips

davebike

I buy in bulk and tend to use a mixture of brown and red crumb + crused hemp whole hemp micro pellets and even sweetcorn

I shall probably add fish meal or krill powder at some point soon :))

avonangler

It's suprising what magic you can weave with a combination of a cheap German supermarket, an old food processor & a sprinkling of imagination[;)]

shinkicker

thanks for the tips guys i guess i need to get out and get mixing and see what results i get

Andy Macfarlane

Stawberry essence...45p from Sainsburys. A whole bottle in your crumb makes it smell ace.

I also use Robinson's Apple and Blackcurrant (undiluted) for mixing my crumb. Nice and sticky and sweet smelling.

dstev

Dave
Why not dry your end of loaf bread slices? I hang mine in the green house for a few days, then put them in the blender and hey presto, a very fine bread crumb!

carp-catcha

You can always get free bread from bakers at the end of the day or just use your own. Smash it up in the liquidator, along with some dry pellets, couple of cheap cans of sweetcorn (place on tissues and dry for 24 hrs), grate some cheese in and your away. You can even keep it in the freezer to retain freshness.

shinkicker

great tips guys will be trying some of my own mixes soon, i think i need to give a few a go to give me some confidence in catching with my own mix

Status
Not open for further replies.