Groundbait For Bream

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ian White

Big E
Hi Guys
Fishing tomorrow on the Thames in Windsor and i would like to try and get some Bream.
I am going to fish an open ended feeder with ground bait and worms as a hook bait I looked at the river today and it is clear so i was going to use a dark groundbait like Black Turbo.
Do you think this is a good idea or would you use a maggot feeder
And if you would use the groundbait would you mix it at home tonight or do it at the river in the morning.
ALL THE BEST
Ian White

Roppa

Can't really speak for the Thames Ian, as I've never fished it. But as a norm (no pun intended) I try to fish a darkish groundbait for Bream as I think they get nervous moving over a light one (unless, of course it's a light bed). Any groundbait would have to be a non-active one, mixing up the night before could help with this, I wouldn't want a bait that's coming up off the bottom and getting washed downstream.

Last edited:

Barrie44

' The Hulk '
Ground bait for bream Lake 3000 pluss Bream 3000 used with sweetcorn and pinkies and red worm. hope this helps.

tight Lines

Datafile4.asp

If people concentrated on the really important things in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles.

Neil Wayte

Ian I hope your fishing in the late evening and into dark because the boat traffic will be horendous durring the day.The bream will feed late evening and into dark.Use plenty of trout pellets in your ground bait,as many as you can get in there and it still holds together.Bream love them

swanny

Totally agree on the Trout Pellets they drag a lot of fish in use the smallest, pack em in !!![:D]

p.sw

davidsenior

15/03/03 - 22/06/16
In Memoriam
I agree with Neil Wayte on that one BUT, substitute the trout pellets for "micro marine hallibut"!!

Trout pellets are designed for trout, and contain too much oil that is bad for the digestive systems of a lot of other fish !!

catch you later, tight lines, dave....

Status
Not open for further replies.