Groundbait for bream

Total

Site Supporter
That's a very good point Grey.

I believe they was once described by a past known angler (Can't remember who) as "Under water sheep"

We definitely have two distinct shoals of bream on a water I fish. Different year class etc, but both have their own patrol routes.

jasonb

Account Locked
I think the golden rule for sportsman is find where they are first by looking for them rolling am or pm.

then put a bit of bait in for a couple of evenings and then drop on them the 3rd day....

if that don't work go to a commercial[:0]

grey

Site Supporter
Originally posted by Phoenixicus

Didn't know that Grey
Would more than one shoal follow the same track or do they keep to their own?

No, they stick to their own routes, although the tracks they follow do gradually change over time.

Any other shoals using the same track is by chance or forced by underwater features.

Shoals are established at birth, which is why bream catches often consist of a dozen similar size fish for a period, to be followed by two-or-three better fish (or vice-versa). Sometimes two smaller shoals can merge, which can lead to different size fish within the same shoal, but individual bream don't tend to swap shoals.

The trick to good bream catches on natural waters is finding the busiest intersection.