Groundbait for a weeks Bream fishing

Yosemite Sam

Site Supporter
Might be a bit late now , if your already on Holiday, but Des Shipp mix’s sweet and fish meal ground bait and gets good results. As already said by JLK , I would mix it all in together dry and split it into equal amounts for your sessions , you will be bagging up by the second or third session.

Dave Spence

MD virtual champion 2020. Golden Pie winner 2018.
Site Supporter
It just shows how times have changed. I haven't had a fishing holiday for many years but, when I did, two 56lb bags of crumb would be the norm for a week away for two of us 😀

Zerkalo

Site Supporter
To be fair there might be an element of truth to what @Irishhybrids said. I only used half a bag of worm on the first day., half a bag of worm and some exploding fishneal on the second and the rest of the bag of fishneal on the third. So I have one bag of worm and two dynamites left. Oh and I threw some to the ducks at the end of each day.

the fishneal was the most effective going by what I caught but I only put 6 feederfuls of bait in at the start and was just plugging loads of Coppens pellets throughout the day. Think the 4mm pellets where the key. I resisted the chance to use my ground bait catapult at the start as a new venue plus other people were fishing nearby, didn’t want to be seen to be piling the bait in and ruining everyone’s fishing:D