Groundbait for a weeks Bream fishing

Zerkalo

Site Supporter
Went to the tackle shop after work today with the intention of buying some groundbait to last me a week (probably get 4 days fishing in if I’m lucky) so was always going to be looking to buy a fair bit. I left it too late to buy the usual crumb or Decathlon Caperlan groundbait in bulk.

This is what I ended up choosing from what was in the shop.

2020-07-31 18.41.31.jpg

2x 2kg Sonubaits Fishmeal Worm
1x 2kg Sonubaiits Exploding Fishmeal
2x 1kg Dynamite Silver X Bream

The Silver X Bream is sweet whereas the Sonubaits is fishmeal so I probably won’t be mixing them together. Will have one or two days on the Sweet and the rest on the Fishmeal.

Maybe not exactly what I was looking for when I went into the shop but that’s what I came out with.

What do you reckon? Catch a few on my holiday with that?

I’m also going to be taking a load of Coppens pellets, 1/2 kilo of Dendrobenas, several tins of Sweetcorn, and 4 pints of Red Maggots.

Silver fan 82

Went to the tackle shop after work today with the intention of buying some groundbait to last me a week (probably get 4 days fishing in if I’m lucky) so was always going to be looking to buy a fair bit. I left it too late to buy the usual crumb or Decathlon Caperlan groundbait in bulk.

This is what I ended up choosing from what was in the shop.

View attachment 38638

2x 2kg Sonubaits Fishmeal Worm
1x 2kg Sonubaiits Exploding Fishmeal
2x 1kg Dynamite Silver X Bream

The Silver X Bream is sweet whereas the Sonubaits is fishmeal so I probably won’t be mixing them together. Will have one or two days on the Sweet and the rest on the Fishmeal.

Maybe not exactly what I was looking for when I went into the shop but that’s what I came out with.

What do you reckon? Catch a few on my holiday with that?

I’m also going to be taking a load of Coppens pellets, 1/2 kilo of Dendrobenas, several tins of Sweetcorn, and 4 pints of Red Maggots.
I would say so mate, having the sweet and fishmeal means you can chop and change if need be.
Have you used the worm meal before?

Zerkalo

Site Supporter
Not for Bream. I've used it on commercials in winter but it seemed like a half decent choice out of what was on offer. They still have loads of Marukyu in but a decent selection overall for a tackle shop. It was that it comes in 2kg bags that did it for me, not bad value for 8kg overall. I'm hoping the Bream will be on the fishmeal and pellets there with Worm and Maggot as hookbait choices.

Silverfisher

Site Supporter
Sounds good to me, certainly got enough if that’s only one session! Can’t overfeed bream on a big water though it seems so probably wise to have a lot.

Zerkalo

Site Supporter
Hoping for 4 sessions so hopefully 2kg per session will do it. :)

Silverfisher

Site Supporter
Ah right more fishing holiday than family holiday then! Good man thats generally my approach to holidays as well haha

Zerkalo

Site Supporter
Yeah the days off are for family meals and sure we'll have fun of an evening but the days are mine lol. :) Don't fancy traipsing round a car boot or whatever they'll be doing anyway.

Fishfinderuk

Site Supporter
Yeah the days off are for family meals and sure we'll have fun of an evening but the days are mine lol. :) Don't fancy traipsing round a car boot or whatever they'll be doing anyway.
Maybe fish the same page for all 4 days,might work better for you,(no wasted bait).

JLK

If you're after decent bream put more fishmeal in the mix. If smaller skimmers are the quarry. Use less. Looking at the gbait you have. Id mix the lot together dry and split it for your sessions.

Zerkalo

Site Supporter
It's a new venue to me but watching on youtube it looks like there's some decent slabs in there so we'll see. I'm hoping they're switched onto the fishmeal and pellets!

rd115

Some of the gear, No idea
Site Supporter
Most of my tackle was impulse buys, had very few disappointments :D

Zerkalo

Site Supporter
Am I going to catch any fish though, Irishshybirds, that is the point! :)

SeanB

Site Supporter
The Boland groundbait seems to be a well regarded choice and seems to be good value for money.

Silverfisher

Site Supporter
Not really sure that counts as impulse buying, he just got what he thought he needed based on logic, makes sense to me :)