Groundbait (bread)

Status
Not open for further replies.

goin_fishin

'Tiddler'
Hello once again folks,,,
tommoro im off to my navi and after roach , skimmers im trying to get a 6lb bag (my aim)and whats beta to buy Breadcrum groundait what you but from tackle shops or liquidised bread??????/
and what hooklength would i need?????????/
Ill be useing a 13ft float rod and a 2bb float

and his it worth investing on Ultrabait for general coarse fish??????????/
#
Please help

Regards Gf
Roll on the replys!!!!!
angel2.gif

Edited by - goin_fishin on 04 April 2002 10:44:01 PM

martin.

Account Locked
hi
ive always used liqiudised bread for roach it depends on venue wether i add ultrbite or not
if there is a good head of roach & not to pressured iwould not botherwith ultrabite .
as for hooklength depends on how your fishing whip ,pole or rod
i would go as fine as posible but as usual question not clear enough
to give detailed answer

tight lines.
martin.

AlexR

breadcrumb is better than liquidised bread, because that is mainly for punch fishing, and also more for roach. it also has a high food content. for a hooklength, i would say either 0.08 or 0.10 depending on how big the skimmers and roach are. and on the ultrabite, it catches anglers not fish!

;)

martin.

Account Locked
hi alex
i have to dissagree with yuo on this one
ive fished along side bob nudd he is the one who showed me & my dauughter the best way which was punch & liquidised bread ,it has stood both of us to a few match wins

tight lines.
martin.

AlexR

liquidised bread is better in clear water conditions. you cannot genralise and say punch is better, because its not in all situations. liccy bread is also hard to feed without a pole cup, and skimmers love brown crumb. i know skimmers will also be caught on liquidised, but it is harder to use, and the breadcrumb is the better option when targeting skimmers (most of the time.)

;)

scouse

'River Man'
Hi Alex
if you want to feed liccy bread
without using a pole cup use a ground bait punch
you can get them in two sizes
hope this helps
dave (scouse)

Status
Not open for further replies.