Ground Bait

Status
Not open for further replies.
I need help. is there any pike anglers out there if so plz reply. can i use normal coarse fish bait(Dace Bream) to attract them and then would the pike follow? also could i use groundbait with fish pieces in for pike and zander. what methods do you use and can u give me some advice plz plz.[:D]

serious pike need serious Anglers

mike s

If you know anyone who has a Sensas catalogue, then there are some predator groundbaits listed. Trouble is finding a stockist in the UK.

Cumbria Angling Centre

jacko williams

'duk boy'
hey welcome aboard (i fell so grown up) i read in a angaling catolg about baits and they did sell special pike ground baits!!! try yr local angling shop!! for a catoulog

i dont know much, but what i do know isnt worth knowing!!

TINY

Tiny
I do one called `Pike n Predator`made by Whizzo.[;)]
It`s Herring and Sardine flavoured and quite oily.
Now you know who makes it you should be able to get hold of it.[:D]

Andy.
Datafile3.asp

STAFFS ANGLING SUPPLIES

The percher

Bolton 'till I die
Alternativly you can use a maggot feeder instead of a lead weight and fill it with mashed up pieces f fish such as mackerel and other oily fish. The oil content and blood will leave a slick in the water an the pike will home in.
Hope this helps
[}:)]The percher[}:)]

J.Tolley

Roppa

I do as Percher suggests, mash my own, sardine and herring are both oily and a lot easier to mash than mackeral but they'll all do the job. Mixed with either herring oil or mackeral oil they can be mixed with crumb and then you have your own 'rubby-dubby'

And of course a big welcome.......

Last edited:

mike s

Had a look in the 2003 Sensas catalogue today & they only list two this year. One for Perch & "Carnassix" (ref.00242/20) for Pike.
Whizzo stuff is damn' good, so speak to Tiny!

Cumbria Angling Centre

Thanks guy's you are all pushing for oily so i will do it.
Datafile3.asp

This is my presonal best. i caught it on deadbait that is all i've used really

davidsenior

15/03/03 - 22/06/16
In Memoriam
HI, Supreme Pikeing, My last visit to the Thames in February for Pike had Perch, Pike, and Brownies attacking the feed fish in feeding frenzies that I've only ever dreamt about.. Your question was to use silver fish as an attractant and would the pike follow them, YES.!! Take 2lb of SPRATS, zap 'em in blender to a grey mush. Bag of white crumb in a big mixing bowl, small bottle of SMELT OIL,kitchen foil, container to put finished balls in. METHOD...... mix the smelt oil and crumb together, take egg cup size balls of minced sprat and roll in crumb mix to coat them all over, wrap balls individually in kitchen foil and freeze untill needed......Drop a ball into a likely looking spot where you are going to put a livebait/deadbait and watch !! This works because the oil in the crumb makes the crumb rise to the surface, bleak, roach etc feed on the crumb Perch come along underneath as do the Pike to the smell, and the trout were taking what they could. When the big perch struck it was like watching synchronised swimming. Hope this gives you some ideas.!! By the way ask permission to use the blender etc. 'cos it's messy and it will stink the kitchen out...

catch you later, tight lines, dave....

Thanks David I wil try that. It soundes very very effective. thank you alot.[^][^][^][:D][:D][:)][8D][8D]

I'll try it at the weekend on a pool. mythe pool if anybody cares. thanks. I can't thank you enough David and people like him on here. you are all graet pals

Status
Not open for further replies.