Ground Bait recipes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ted Sanchez

I have dried out a gert load of bread (10 lb)(white, brown and malted)in a very low oven and ground it into a powder using my food processor so it will keep for ages.
Have any of you fine Maggotdrowners out there got any good recipes for ground bait using bread as a base? I have added fish meal, ground hemp, ground up biscuits and maize meal but it's all been a bit haphazard...general or for specific fish..I fancy a bit of tenching this summer .....any tenchers ot there with killer ground bait recipes???...but you can forget the ones with raw pig's blood [xx(]!!
Cheers
Ted

Chopper

Ted,

Probably be a kiss of death this time of year.

When the weather warms up I'm sure it will work for tench and bream in summer.

To be honest when tench/bream fishing I find a big dollop of chopped worm and caster works a treat [;)]

I know tench and bream love brown crumb and fish meal but like I say, feeding chopped worm and caster with 1/2 a dendra or double caster on the hook usually does it for me.

When I was on the River Cam in Cambridge a bit back I fed 1/2 kilo of chopped worm and 1/2 pint of casters through a big bait dropper at the start of the match and once the fished arrived I caught slabs and tench all day.

Lee Saville - Colmic Team Ossett

Individual 2002 World Club Champion, Zagreb - Croatia.
Individual 2002 Angling Times North East Region Winter League Champion.
2001 Embassy Division 1 National Team Champions.

www.colmic.com

Ted Sanchez

Thanks Lee,
That's chopped worm and caster.... got it!
But what do I do now with my gert 10lb sack of dry bread [:D][:D] ??
Cheers Ted from Zummerzet

AL_Peters

'The Entertainer'
I have found tench have a sweet tooth mate nip in to your local tackle shop and have a look at some of the bottled additives i like the liquid corn and tuti fruti range for tench just add them to your water when making your mix, also try mixing half your groundbait with a shop bought one van dan eynde do some terrific groundbaits specifically for tench as i say have a good root in your tackle shop mate and experiment and if you get the killer mix send me a bag or 2 lol good luck.

Happiness is playin wif yer rod

martin.

Account Locked
hi
lee is right with the chopped worm & casterend of febuary last year on the north level at clough bridge & had 19 tench for 69-02
& lost 4 this was in 1 session on the polefishing lobworm over chopped worm & caster.
sammy (The maggot)for newer ones benefitt my 16 yr old daughter
won the cambridgeshire girls 18 & under on the cam at bait bite lock in 2000 on chopped worm & caster

tight lines.
martin.
talk fishing flip football

leemays

If u ever need help with some groundbait recipe's, u ought to try and post malc, the supposive jinx......

I could probably put money on it that he has used more recipes of grounbait and paste than will raison and bobb nudd togeather.

martin.

Account Locked
ill agree with that lee but you need a cement readymix lorry mto mix it & transport it

tight lines.
martin.
talk fishing flip football

TINY

Tiny
I have used a tin of liquidised corn to mix with the crumb.(no water)Then used chopped worm and caster over the top.Try a piece of corn on the hook somewhere in the session and try to pick up the odd bonus fish.
Andy

MALC

Lee & Martin [:p][:p][:p][;)][;)]

MALC
IT'S CATCHING ...BUT ARE YOU !!!

Ted Sanchez

Thanks men
If I can't bag up with all that info I should give it all up!!
Cheers Ted from Zummerzet

Status
Not open for further replies.